9/30/2006

Ugh

So I'm at my parents' computer, printing off Inclusive Ed notes from WebCT so that I can study them for the midterm this week. For some reason, it's taking forever to print off Powerpoint slides (I guess I've never printed them at home before), so I'm killing time by updating this thing.

It has been somewhat of an unpleasant week. I've been ridiculously stressed out by everything that's due next week, and my sleep patterns are off and I'm feeling nauseous and my car is sick, to boot. I think something broke and coolant fluid leaked out. All I know is that the engine is overheating like mad, but I can't get any warm air in the cabin of the car. This happened on Wednesday, and I still haven't called the shop. It's not too bad, though, since my parents are in Banff and I've been able to drive my mom's car. They come back this afternoon, though, so I'm going to have to give it back. ^_^

As I said, my sleep is all messed. I slept over 17 hours on Wednesday night. And then I satayed awake for eight hours and slept for eight more. I made myself get up at nine this morning, because that way I didn't oversleep, and I feel fine, but I felt like hell last night. I'm not sure if it's the smell of the leather interior of my mom's car (which makes me carsick), but I've been really sick to my stomach the past couple of days. Bah. I drove myself home last night in queasy semi-consciousness last night before taking yet more Gravol and passing out. Thank God I feel better after I've slept between six and ten hours.

So, yeah, I'm going to Spruce Grove. I've decided not to mention which school or the name of my mentor teacher, since my Policy Studies prof has convinced me that it's unprofessional, but I do imagine that I will be posting tales of anonymous 15-year-old guys being stupid in CALM class.

I think the reason this is taking so long is that my printer is running out of black ink. Everything's coming out in a pleasant shade of grey.

Let's see... what else is new with me...? Oh, here's something for you guys to balk at with me: Those of you who have been through this will remember having to write an IPP for Inclusive Ed. This is done in groups of five, and it's due November 1st. I wasn't in class the day that the groups met up and whatnot, so I had no say in who our group co-ordinator was. Fine, whatever. It's in the distance, compared to everything else that's about to crush me. However, after being unable to make our first group meeting (I was *so* not about to cancel my doctor's appointment when I'm feeling like this), I get an e-mail sayting that the next group meeting will be October 11th, and I need to have my part of the assignment done by then. October 11th is the Wednesday of our observation week, and the day after the new due date of my Dramatic Forma paper, since I begged my prof for an extention on that one. I haven't written back to my group co-ordinator, but I anticipate my reply being some sort of euphemism for "bite me." There is no reason why this chick should be making me have this assignment done a full three weeks before it's due when there's ten thousand other things that we all have to finish and only a couple hours' worth of editing required.

Grr...

We still haven't sold our house. Still haven't had a viewing, as far as I know. However, there are little things, like the fly that was caught in between the window and the screen that I let free a couple of minutes ago. I haven't been in this room since my parents left (before now, that is), and I'm not sure that fly could have survived trapped since Wednesday. So there may be viewings going on that I'm not being told about. That would be highly rude, especially since I'm not going to keep the house perpetually immaculate when the real estate angent is supposed to call and tell me when somebody will be coming. It's all spiffy-looking now, though, since I'm going to be leaving as soon as I finish printing these notes, and if my parents get back and find it other than spiffy, they're going to have massive strokes/heart attacks/other bad things, and nobody, espeically not me as the recipient, wants that.

No comments: