4/11/2006

At 5 o'clock Tomorrow, It'll all be Over

Tuesday lunch. Wrote Band Tech final this morning. It was about what I expected, but the last question was a bitch. We had to do a piano reduction of ten bars of this band piece, which isn't that hard, in and of itself, but there were these three cluster chords in the middle of it that I just couldn't understand. The passage was in Eb Major, and the first of these chords (which occured right after a half cadence) was spelled E natural, F natural, A flat, B natural, D flat. And since the first thing I did was an analysis, I got stuck there and wound up only getting five bars of the reduction done. Bah. Oh, well. I'm certain I did well enough on the rest of it that the last question won't be too big of a deal.

So my plan was to write that exam and then go straight to work on my 281 paper, but the exam ended about two hours ago and I still haven't headed to Rutherford. I'm not too worried, thouh, since I just realized that the paper is... well, it's ridiculously simple. We have to write "program notes" on the piece, max one page double-spaced, which I already did and handed in for feedback earlier in the term, as well as a comparison of two recordings, max two pages double-spaced, which I haven't done, but oh, well--I'll have to sacrifice a whole three hours or something. All we need beyond that is a bibliography, which I already wrote to go along with my program notes. So, yeah, that was a nice surprise to have a lot of that burden lifted off my shoulders. Now I should be able to start the flow chart analysis-thing for the first movement of the Dvorak for Band Tech tonight. I was going to put it off until tomorrow, but now I don't have to. Which is good, because it's due tomorrow by 5. But I've already done one of those, and the first movement is the one I conducted, so I know it fairly well already. I'll skim over it in front of the tv tonight, I think.

Not much is happening outside of school. I was thinking of going out Thursday night. Or Friday night. Whenever, so long as it's in celebration of classes and my jury being over. (Tangent: Regardless, there should be someone not drinking, because both of those nights are prime nights for checkstops, and while I'm sure that nobody I go out with would drive after having too much to drink, being pulled over after having one drink is a pain in the ass.) But I haven't really mentioned this to anyone, so oh, well. If you want in on either Suede Lounge (on Jasper) or Darriens for either Thursday or Friday, speak up. Suede has nifty drinks and yummy tapas, but Darriens is, of course, a classic.

So Katie and I told Kripa about Pri's dad today. That was amusing. It started off by Katie saying she wanted a motorcycle, so I told the story of how Pri got her Corolla. ^_^ Speaking of, does anybody know if that whole being cut off thing actually stuck? I haven't talked to Pri in a while...

I'm hungry. Thus, I go in search of food.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't think PRi's dad stayed true to his word....in fact I don't think PRi had said that anything ever happened after that incident either.