4/24/2006

A Dog's Breakfast

Hmm... Blogger is being rather sluggish right now. Maybe it's like the rest of the world and doesn't work too well on Monday mornings. I probably could've slept another three hours on top of he six and a half I slept last night, but my dog heard my dad get up and leave, and so woke up and was whining to be let out so that he could, I dunno, go prance around my parents' room demanding attnetion and Jerky Treats, so I had to get up to let him out. Now he's curled up next to me, keep one eye open to guard a Milkbone.

I had the yummiest raisin toast for breakfast. There's the cinnamon raisin bread that CostCo sells, called Inkeeper's Best, and it is sooooo good. My mom and I went to CostCo yesterday and got some. We also (finally) got the new Harry Potter DVD, which I should watch. I was playing the movie when I was on reception at work a week or so ago, but I was busy answering the phones and helping people with the listening posts and more or less doing my job, so I didn't really get to see it properly, even though I played it twice. It's always good to play movies that make good babysitters on the weekends. The Simpsons season seven was a big hit, too, with a steady stream of kids being left to watch while their parents, I dunno, haggled. We still have comission sales staff at A&B, which, in addition to being annoying for the cashiers (because some people who buy, like, batteries, don't talk to a salesman, which means they don't get a "reference number" made for them, and then you can't adjust anything about the product, so if a 4-pack of batteries comes up at $20, there's nothing a cashier can do without a salesman because we can only adjust stuff on CDs and DVDs), is also annoying for a lot of the customers, because it involves the wonder world of haggling. I hate haggling. But that's just me, I guess.

HA! My dog currently looks ridiculous. He's curled up with his nose kind of poked against his middle, and the rest of him looks wound around that like a cinnamon bun! Oh, he looked up. Now he's only ridiculous-looking because he recently had a haircut.

So I was introduced to what is apparently a common occurance at work on Saturday: the entryway campout. The sales staff get to the store at 9:15 for their meeting, but the software staff are supposed to get there at 9:30, just to get things ready, but that discrepancy means that there's nobody to let us in when we get there, because everybody's upstairs at the meeting. There were five of us waiting for twenty minutes on Saturday. That wouldn't have been so bad, except that we're supposed to be on the clock as of 9:30, so we missed half an hour's pay. :-(

Wow, this entire post has been about my dog and work. And breakfast. That's sad. At 4:30 today, Peter will have handed in his papers and will be free until September, so that'll be nice. I'm slowly but surely saving up money for Uruguay. I should be up to $500 when I get paid on Firday. Yay, getting more hours, and therefore more pay! Jenilee and I have decided to go get our hair done in celebration of the end of term. We usually both go to cheap just-give-it-a-trim kinds of places, but I'm hoping to get my hair streaked or something. I'm trying to decide which colour. Any suggestions? No green, and probably no orange, but that's all the limitations I'll put on it.

Anyway, in four minutes my doctor's office will start answering phones, so I should go find the number so that I can reschedule my appointment on Wednesday. Yay, rescheduling appointments! That's not at all a pain in the ass!

No comments: