4/22/2006

The Worst Part is, DuFay Was on the List of Suggestions the Society Gave Them...

It's Saturday night, and, despite having eaten dinner, I'm hungry. I guess it was a light dinner. Peter and I went to Earl's Tin Palace on Jasper, and they have a sandwhich there that's not on the menu at Campus Earl's, so I tried it. It was really yummy. It had slices of portabella mushrooms, roasted red pepper strips and cheese, on focacia. But that plus half of a side salad was apparently insufficient. But, man, was that belini good. :-)

No work tomorrow. Yay! I had this couple come in today that just made me want to sit down and rub my forehead until the world went away. They came in saying that this society they'd just recently joined needed background music for an event, and so they needed medieval music. They said no chant, which was ok-ish, depending on what you consider chant, but I couldn't find any stuff that I would call medieval (but after they left I did find one Josquin CD). I told them this, and they said (paraphrasing) "Really? Nothing like gypsy music or celtic music?"

After a bit of stammering on my part, I lead them over to the World Music section and sent them to the listening post with a "Gypsy Fire" CD. The Jazz and Classical section already has doors, but what it could really use from time to time is a bouncer. X-(

My Ed Psych final yesterday was a little more difficult than I hoped it'd be, but I'm pretty sure I'll be fine. I wasn't failing going into th exam (although I don't know what my mark was), and I don't think I failed the exam (although I wouldn't count on me understanding a lot of things about it), so I'll live. And I'll go on to take two more Ed Psych classes next year. *twitch* At least they're shorter ones...

My stomach has graduated from feeling empty to outright growling, so I am going to go find food. And on Monday, I may go to Ikea. I am looking forward to that. :-)

No comments: