5/17/2006

Happy Morning!

I have a venti and all is well with the world. Despite it being before 10am, I just called Peter. I had to tell him the most excellent news. Peter had insisted that my parents be at least grudgingly ok with me going to Uruguay, so I e-mailed them. They just got back to me saying Yes, fine, we're ok with it. They then went on to say that they'd pay for it!!! It's on the condition that I only go for two weeks instead of four, but, hey, I'm not about to look a gift horse in the mouth. I had set everything up with the bank so that I could pay for it myself, and I even had $1500 saved up, so this is a pleasant surprise. I'll book it later today, when Peter's actually awake and we can organize the exactly dates of the trip. The flight I had chosen because it was cheap left on August 3rd, which was cutting it a little close for moving into my new place August 1st, so I'm thinking I'll leave a couple days later than that now that I have the choice.

I took Farley to the vet this morning, and on the way back, two nifty things happened:
1) I saw a truck painting lines on the road. I'd never seen that before. It was pretty cool. The excess paint was all swirly. Those trucks are remarkably accurate, too. What can I say--I'm easily amused. ^_^
2) I hit Starbucks for my venti, and the woman there gave Farley a cookie. He was happy, but he had trouble eating it on the small space of the car seat because of his lampshade, and he wound up dropping part of it in my backpack. He then lay down and looked longingly at my backpack on the floor of my car, and gradually got more and more daring until I had to dig it out for him so that he didn't eat my phone or something. ^_^

Anyway, I've been working on the post for over half an hour now. Multi-tasking and whatnot can be distracting from the zen art of blogging, so I'll sign off.

No comments: