5/11/2006

Oilers in 7

1. There's looking to be a reunion of sorts in late June/early July when Jo comes up and people finish teaching for the year. This should be most excellent. :-)

2. I *heart* Haagen Dazs cookies and vanilla ice cream bars. :-)

3. I'm watching the news, and there's a story about luxurious maternity suites at the Royal Alex and Grey Nuns hospitals. Theme rooms. That's... quite something.

4. Only one more day of EDSE 446 left. I fell asleep during the Jamie Aebersold "Anyone Can Improvise" video this afternoon. Ugh, I need a break.

5. And to that end, I've told work that I'm suffering from exhaustion and can't make it in on Saturday. This is kind of true. I was doing quite horribly four or so days ago, but I'm getting better. However, I really do need to do things like dishes and laundry and take my dog for a follow-up appointment, which I have so far been unable to do, due to sleep requirements, so the day off to reset everything so that I can go back to living a normal life (rather than needing to stir my coffee with a knife and Febreeze my clothes) is probably for the best.

6. I say "HA!" to Peter now that Chris has been eliminated from American Idol. Katherine all the way! ;-p

7. The vet told me to make sure my dog's injury didn't scab over so that it could drain. When I checked on it today, it looked like it was closing up, so I took some gauze and tried to descab it. Yeah, there was no scab--it was just healing from the inside, like it should, and my attempt to descab it just made the wound bleed all over again. I feel quite bad. :-(

8. I want somebody to come up with a hit novel/movie about how DaVinci kept records of how to build bridges and thatch roofs and construct an archway. Maybe all these records could secretly be spelling out how to achieve faster-than-light travel.

No comments: