5/21/2006

List and More

Ok, I'll get to my list of things first:

Kwasi
He's a semi-regualr customer at A&B. He's very into anything to do with African culture. He even wears these robe-like things. Yesterday he accessorized with a sparkly gold hat. I'm pretty sure he is African, but has lived in North America for at least several years. He drove one of our DVD guys insane yesterday requesting this DVD that we couldn't comfirm existed, and he eventually wound up putting five others on hold. But that's not what I wanted to say about him. The last time he came in, he had had a copy of Titanic put on hold for him. Whoever put it on hold, though (I'm guessing it was Moira, the DVD supervisor), had put both the regular version and the collector's edition away for him. Since I was working where holds are picked up, though, I got to deal with him. He was rather confused about the difference betweent the two editions, and clarified by saying "I want the one that was on the screen." So I gave him the normal edition and he left happy. But he came back about five minutes later to ask about the other one. I explained the differences to him, and he decided on the collector's edition and, again, left happy. He then came back about five minutes after that and asked for the regular edition, saying that his wife had suggested that, because the one was a collector's edition, that they keep it in mint condition and get the other one to watch. I didn't have the heart (or the patience) to tell him that the collector's edition of Titanic would never be worth anything, mint condition or not.

Tofu
I have been experimenting with tofu products, specifically this Tofu 2 Go stuff. It's four wedges of flavoured extra-firm tofu with dippibng sauce. The "Mambo Italiano" variety was rather good, so I decided to try the "Sesame Ginger" variety. Yeah, that wasn't so good. So I have decided that I am ok being a tofu poseur. I can act all cool about tofu, rather than making a face or staring blankly into space when somebody mentions it, but I will keep my exposure limited so that I don't actually have to eat very much of it. ^_^

Uruguay
Oh, this reminds me--I have to check my e-mail. I'll write about Uruguay when I know more of what to say.

Absent-minded Ops Manager
The manager who writes the schedules at work always seems to forget stat holidays. So my 5-9 shift tomorrow night got cut because we close at 5. Yay, extra day off!!

Ella
A couple days ago, my Auntie Yanny and my cousin Tiana came into town from Calgary. Tiana's husband was graduating from some sort of security guard training program that he'd done in Edmonton. Tiana is pregnant with their second child, and her first, Ella, is almost two years old and is just ridiculously cute. She was in a pretty dress for the graduation ceremony, she had curly blond hair, and she kept pointing at Farley and saying "Puppy!" She was also attempting to play my piano. My aunt took pictures of that. ^_^

Etta
There was a woman at work who was looking for "At Last." I was panicking, looking for some other performance of it, because I didn't realize that Etta James was in the Blues section, not the Jazz section. I had to call Lindsay for help. I then felt rather stupid.

Offical Drink of Summer
I must counter Jo here and proclaim that _my_ official drink of summer is Starbucks' Caramel blended coffee frappucino. It comes in regular or light, and, like the name suggests, actually has coffee in it, rather than just cream like the grean tea frappucinos. However, after I wrote this list, I was at Peter's Second Cup and saw their new smoothy drinks. The fuit syrup that goes into those things is, seriously, jam. It's nuts. And there's like five _big_ pumps of it in each drink. I tasted a bit of the peach syrup. It was rather yummy, but I can totally picture a diabetic like my father dying from one of those drinks.

Chinese Food and Lobster
Peter wants to do two dinners this summer: one good, authentic chinese dinner, and one using Thomas Keller's lobster recipes. We were thinking of doing one in late june when Jo is here. Anybody who would like to be present (especially Jo), cast your vote as to which you would prefer.

The Weather
*Family Guy Weather Forecaster Guy Voice* It rain'd!

ETA: Arah
I discovered that my friend from high school, Arah Slack, has a CD on hold at work. It's been called, but I'm hoping that I'm around when she comes to pick it up. :-)

Now onto something that wasn't on my list:

I got my hair done! I love it! I got side-swpet bangs and _red_ "peek-a-boo" streaks. The stylist almost wouldn't let me do it, but wound up quite liking it. It took two and a half freakin' hours, though, but was worth it. Jenilee just got her hair cut, and wound up sitting around for, like, an hour and a half while I was still getting stuff done. I'm really glad I got it done professionally this time, though. It's so much less stressful, and much neater. The two times I had red streaks in my hair before, I got Joyce to do them, and while they turned out remarkably well, it was rather nerve-wracking. I'll post a picture of what I got done today if I remember.

4 comments:

Jo said...

I was going to say that I would prefer the chinese dinner, but then I realized that that might involve ducks blood soup and chicken feet, or something....hmmmm....lobster is also good!

'Nita said...

Uh... I doubt that's quite what he meant by "authentic." He's been obsessing over making a perfect wanton soup, if that puts it in perspective.

Jo said...

Mmmmm....I like wanton!

Keeks said...

Mmmm...lobster...My vote is for that...or some other seafood like CRAB! Oh PLEASE do crab! I love crab more than lobster...just don't tell anyone...