5/18/2006

"Lawn," etc

We have a service that comes and mows our lawn becuase it's huge. In the winter, they shovel our driveway because we're lazy. We refer to these people collectively as "Rob," because he's the guy who owns the company. Rob, the specific person, is a kind of person thought by many to not exist; he is a man who actually looks good in a mullet. But anyway, "Rob," the group, is currently mowing my lawn. This is good--it needs it. What I can't figure out is how the hell he got into my back yard. The latch on the gate broke clean off, taking a large chunk of wook with it. In order to prevent my dog from getting out, I wrapped elastic bands around the old latch that no longer latches properly, but is at least still attached to the gate. God knows I couldn't have opened that gate from the outside. Oh, well. The lawn is being mowed and since "Rob"/Rob has been paid for the month, it's probable that nobody will come ring the doorbell to talk to me, so I more or less won't have to worry about this for another week. Or I could go buy a new latch and attach it to the gate.

It is hot outside. Apparently we hit 31 degrees yesterday. According to Global news, there are 28 places in the province where Environment Canada measures the temperature, and yesterday 22 of those places broke heat records. Two other places tied. So I went shopping for summer clothes yesterday. American Eagle was remarkably disappointing, so I went to the Gap. They had lots of stuff, and when I tried it on, I realized that I had lost some weight. I then proceeded to spent rather a lot of money. ^_^ But I got shorts, tanks tops and a really nice brown linen dress which Peter rather liked, too. ^_^ I also went to the drugstore and bought myself a slew of summer grooming products, like this Jergens lotion that has sunless tanner in it. It was the only kind I found that had a formula specifically for fair skin. I was worried that with the other kinds, their "hint" of sun would be more like "toasty" on me. So now I am officially summer-ified. And Jenilee and I go to get out hair done on Sunday. I'm soooo tempted to just cut it all off because it's kind of like wearing a toque and scarf in this heat, but I know better than that. Awkward growing-out phases suck, plus I'm not sure I'd look that great in short hair to begin with. Something to save for a later date, perhaps.

I picked up my mail last night. I realized I hadn't done that in about a week and a half. The University sent me a nasty note for not paying my tuition for Spring term. So I paid it online last night. I also tried, last night, to register in a new section of EDPY 303, because the section I was registered in got cancelled, but I have $5 in library fines, so they wouldn't let me do that. Bah. I guess I have to go pay that... See, this is why you don't read books! It's all about the internet resources. ;-p

I'm trying to remember if there's anything else I wanted to say. I am having difficulty doing so. The crunchy "granola" stuff we get from Costco is all soft and sticky from the heat. I need to fill my dog's waterbowl. And do the dishes. *sigh* Maybe I'll go get on that.

1 comment:

Keeks said...

I frequently think about cutting all my hair off. One of these days it's actually going to happen...i just have a feeling...