10/03/2007

Slow Morning

It's Wednesday morning and I should be in 282 right now. I'm half an hour late, though, which is good enough reason to not bother, according to me. Traffic was crazy and a half this morning, so even though I left at a reasonable time, I've just now arrived at school. Oh, well. I stopped by Starbucks and got a scone and a triple latte, so I enjoyed a good sit in traffic. I wish the latte would kick in now, though.

(There's a rather creepy noise in the computer lab. It's a kind of rattling sucking sound every few seconds, like the room is trying to breathe through pneumonia. I have no idea what it is, but it's been steady since I got here.)

I don't really have much to say today, but blogging is a nice way to get my brain up and running. I should almost just go home and go back to bed. My next class is cancelled because Bob DeFreece is in Idaho, and my next class after that isn't until 1. Even that one I may be skipping to go see a visiting conductor talk to the 315 class. He's here for a while, though, and listening to him talk to the introductory conducting class might not be all that exciting. Annoyingly enough, the one thing I really should (and want to) do today, I can't. There's a review session for my first 282 midterm today at 4, but I can't go because I have to be at work for 5. Stupid work. At least I get to be a cashier today, rather than being in the fitting rooms, like I have been soooooo often lately. The review session is with the TA, too, so it would be nice to get another person talking about some of the things that I'm supposed to know, but I guess I'll have to make due with the sheet of key terms we were given, along with the textbook and the CDs, of course. God, I hate that course.

Come on, latte... Oh, I give up.

No comments: