10/31/2007

There's a Girl here Wearing Devil Horns and Signs with a Tritone on Them... ^_^

I have just finished my 282 midterm and all I can say is thank God for the essay question being worth the most ponits. It was on an excerpt from Tristan und Isolde, and asked about Wagner's innovations in opera. Considering that I think I did fine, but not spectacular on the definitions, and that I'm pretty sure I bombed the listening (worth the least marks, thank God), I should pass, but thanks mostly to the essay.

Elsewise, it is Hallowe'en! Jackie and Amy are dressed up as Thing 1 and Thing 2. They bought part of their costumes at Old Navy on Sunday. ^_^ Their wigs rock. Everybody at Starbucks this morning was dressed up, and despite hearing talk about how today was Hallowe'en on the radio when I woke up, I was taken by surprise at the Starbucks people. One of them looked far too tired to be dressed as Tigger, though. ^_^ I am dressed as... a music student who had a midterm this morning. I'm wearing my U of A Music t-shirt and fleece pants. Very comfy, but not all that unusual or spooky. ^_^ I don't even know if I have a costume kicking around any more. Oh, well. They won't kick me out if I don't dress up for the party tonight. Hell, I'm not even sure if I'm going, though it does sound like much fun. :-)

Today is the first official day of the Mini Gloria in Choral Tech. We sightread it last class, and I was sitting next to a vocalist and I wanted her to pipe down and stop singing so brightly so that I could hear myself, so I'm already embittered towards the piece. ^_^ We get a list of cues today, though, which will be nice, and it's also always nice to know that I'm not the most inexperienced conductor in the class, so I won't seem quite so foolish when I accidentally panic and do something that more closely resembles flailing than conducting. ^_^ It's also nice that I'm not scared by mixed meter. Bring it on. :-D

No comments: