10/10/2007

Ugh

It's Wednesday morning and I feel like crap. I'm exhausted, even though I slept for seven hours last night and I just had a long weekend, and my chest feels really weird. I think it's from stress. Or frustration. Isn't the latter a type of the former? *sigh* Why do I live my life in a near-constant state of wanting to hit things? I don't even know what I want to hit. *another sigh*

I got back my "paper" from my Music History class today. I got an 80, which is fine. There were a lot of markings on the page, though. I don't know whether it was the TA or the prof (I'm pretty sure it was the TA), but one of them seems to have been given a grammar nazi stick and no grammar textbook. There's a long explanation about how I supposedly use the wrong subject for the second half of one of my sentences near the end of the paper, and bits of it have been flat-out reworded, and the new words don't mean the same thing as what I originally wrote. Even if I *did* phrase something incorrectly, why would anybody reword it? That's not an exercise in grammar, that's an exercise in following instructions blindly.

*falls asleep*

*wakes up*

*is frustrated*

In other news, the furnace in my house is broken. We had no heat whatsoever for a couple of days. It's working halfway now, though, and should be fixed completely tomorrow. We've had about five different people come to fix it over the past couple of weeks, and each until the latest guy has said that it needed to be dealt with by a different kind of tradesman. The current diagnosis is a low voltage short circuit, so we've currently got electricians poking at it, but since nobody could stay home today, they couldn't come to finish the job they started yesterday.

Thanksgiving was good. Saturday night was dinner at my place with my parents, my brother, Peter and myself. My brother gets on a plane to move to the UK tomorrow evening. I can't go with him to the airport because I have class and rehearsal. Sunday was dinner at Peter's dad's place. Andy and Simone, Dave and Sheryl, and Peter and I were there. There *wasn't* an insane overabundance of vegetables. ^_^ I ate waaaaaay too much on both nights. :-)

I have Choral Tech in ten minutes. Today's lecture is on concert programming. This course is so redundant. It's fun, and I love Bob, but I've taken courses on how to run a music program and how to conduct a choir. Now that I've got IPA more or less under my belt, there's not really anything new for me to learn. What with the exhaustion and the feeling like my body is trying to wrap itself in around the centre of my chest, I am so very tempted to just go home and go back to bed.

*falls asleep again*

*wakes up*

*is sad*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There are always new things to learn, especially from bob.....