10/01/2007

Pre-Meta

I totally missed the handing out of a 282 assignment sometime last week, so when I walked into class and people were handing them in, I was not impressed with myself. Now I'm starting to worry about my grade in that course. Note to self: don't fail. That would add another 8 months to your degree (counting summer). I've never failed a course before, though, even when I've done things like consciously skip the midterm, so I'm not *that* worried. There's just more at stake for the courses I'm taking right now, what with not having the time to take them over. Dragging myself out of bed first thing on a Monday morning to learn about sonata form and Felix Mendelssohn doesn't make for a happy me, though, so I'll have to fight the temptation to just plain not show up.

In less boring news, it occured to me the other day that Peter and I are rapidly approaching our 4-year anniversary. It's about 2 months away. That floored me. I haven't gotten to see him much over the past week or so. :-( I've had to stay at home so that my dog wasn't left alone while my parents were in Vancouver. Amusing tidbit: I had no idea why they were in Vancouver--I asked them when they came back yesterday. Turned out it was for a judges' conference. Why they had a conference for provincial judges in Vancouver is beyond me. I find it funny that my parents are gone enough that it never even occured to me to ask why they were leaving. Another amusing tidbit: My mom told me this morning that she had no idea where my dad had gone or when he'd be back. He may be back at 2pm today, having only been as far as St. Albert, or he may be in Cold Lake for the week. At least I'm not the only one oblivious to the travellings of my immediate family. ^_^

But, yeah, four years is... impressive to me. *is slightly thunderstruck*

Time to go organize the flurry of papers that are slowly but surely taking over my binder before I head to class. I lead such an exciting life... And to think, I was going to start this post talking about formalism amd meta-formalism. Which is worse according to you guys: mundane happenings or dry ponderings?

No comments: