10/26/2007

A List of Good News Items

1. I am feeling very confidant about my Choral Tech midterm in 50 minutes. Once I've finished here, I'll go do some last-minute revision, but I'm quite certain I'll be more than fine. Especially since we can take our English diction handbook and Latin diction sheet into the exam with us.

2. I found my computer cables. Or, well, most of them. I still can't find the wall charger for my iPod. Oh, well. My cell phone is now alive again, as is my iPod (thanks to computer charging), I can now use my portable harddrive, and I have a real mouse for my laptop. They were in the corner of my room, in a big knot, between my desk and my floor lamp. I have no idea how they got there.

3. I have been offered a job by St. John's Music. They left a message for me yesterday afternoon. It's a full-time position, so I might not be able to take it, but I'm hoping they'll be ok with me working part-time. It would bear the hell out of Old Navy, in any case. ^_^ I shall call them back after my midterm.

4. I have calmed down about next year, for at least the time being. Once I fund myself looking at MFA entrance requirement at UCLA, I panicked and wondered why the hell I felt I had to do that/wanted to do that. Then I had a 282 mini-paper to write and two midterms to prep for (the other one is Orchestration on Tuesday), and the fact that there still exists a real world in the here and now coalesced around me. Having a life to live reduces the worry of what to do with your life. ^_^

5. I got above the class average on my EDPY 404 midterm. I got a 77% with a class average of 73%. Not a stellar mark on its own, but the curve is to my advantage in this case, especially with the median grade for 400-level courses being a B+. :-) Now to write a 10-page paper on externalizing disorders... ^_^

6. I am completely certain that I meet my degree requirements. Oddly enough, though, I would need another year of lessons to convocate with them seperately. Also, depending on whether I wanted a General major or a School Music major for my BMus, I'd need either another year of ensemble or a senior-level choral conducting class, respectively. But I don't care about that, because at the end of April, I am so out of here. ^_^

No comments: