10/22/2007

Musings

I went to Starbucks this morning, and instead of giving me a latte with an extra shot of espresso, they gave me a latte with artificial sweetener in it. I don't usually mind the stuff, but today it's left a funny taste in my mouth...

Also, I have a tooth ache. Calamity!

I've been playing a lot of solitaire recently. It's actually quite amusing with my tablet pc and stylus. My parents play a lot of card games on the computer. I refuse to play Freecell because of my father's addiction to it, and the way it made him... unpleasant. My mom said that playing cards was something for him to do while he smoked. This was back when he still smoked, so maybe the unpleasant wasn't so much to do with the cards. In any case, I'd say that I play solitaire for something to do while I think. It's very soothing. And, every now and then, when I get the urge to smack something because of the thoughts going through my head, I can just be extra vigourous with the stylus. ^_^

I'm watching people around me leave the lab for 282. Yeah, there's a listening quiz that I don't feel like embarassing myself horribly on. I'm quite certain I'd get exactly no marks on it. I completely forgot about it. I was too busy thinking about the next paper due on Friday and the second mid-term next week. God, I hate that class.

As happens whenever I'm away from Drama for an extended period of time, I am currently missing acting. Not that I every really focused on acting--it's just the most, uh, active activity in Drama that I can't do on my own. Some of you may remember me expressing a similar sentiment last December while I was student teaching. I'm not even taking a Drama class, so I don't even know when 383/483 (the directing courses) auditions are. I'm taking 383 next term, though, so I imagine I'll be painfully aware of them then, as I scramble to find actors who are at least the correct gender for the characters in my scripts. I did a 383 scene about a year and a half ago where I played a guy. Poor director person I was working for, being late with choosing her actors and getting stuck with whomever was available. Then again, she was a designer, so I really shouldn't feel that bad for her. ^_^ I kid, I kid...

Somebody's practicing the timpani next door. I think I'll go take a nap.

No comments: