8/19/2005

Dinner and Dead Car

My car died. It just won't start. You put the key in and turn, and a few of the lights show up feebly, but that's all. It's a new battery, and I didn't leave the lights on or anything, and the engine doesn't even try to turn over--it's completely silent. It's done something kinda like this before, and it had to be taken into the shop. *sigh* It's at Peter's mom's house. We walked to The Blue Pear from there tonight, and when I got back, Car was grumpy. So Peter and I got his mom to give a ride over to his dad's, and that's where I get to spend the night. Peter and Dave, having just recently given in and gotten World of Warcraft, are laughing at the various races' dances. The Orcs do MC Hammer, and something else does Michal Jackson. The small little thing Dave's playing does a, uh, "riding" dance, complete with slapping your, uh, "steed." Luckily, I have my laptop here to play with. :-)

Dinner was all right. I was the one who wound up choosing the wine. Everybody was so wishy-washy, and we all eventually wound up telling Peter it was up to him, and he looked rather uneasy, so I bailed him out. The waitress even complemented my choice of the Cote de Nuits Pinot Noir, but she said it to Peter, and she knew it was his birthday, so she may just have been being nice. ^_^

No comments: