8/12/2005

Short Day

It's 8pm and I feel like it should be just after noon.. This is mostly due to the fact that I slept in until 2:15 this afternoon. I didn't get to sleep _that_ late, sometime between 2 and 3am, but I guess I was tired... Spent the afternoon at Peter's, feeling kinda blah. He went to work and I stuck around and played video games and treated myself to a caramel apple pop from the bag of them I bought last Hallowe'en. Yum. My dad called and told me to call The Wind Shoppe. My trumpet needs another acid bath. I'm happy to let them do anything they think will help. My mom also told me that I had to vaccuum tonight. I had thought she was kidding when she requested it earlier. But, no, and so when Andy came home to find just me in his house, I decided to leave.

Now the vaccuuming's done, and I've eaten a dinner of questionable nutritionsal value, but it was yummy: two pecan buns, a few mini snacking pickles and some V8 juice. Maybe later tonight I'll go for some microwave popcorn and green tea. Making a cup of tea is now much faster with our espresso machine--it has a hot water spout that's quick and just the right temperature.

I had fun last night. Doug and Morgan were the only ones who came over after we left Darrien's, but I don't get to talk to them as much as I'd like, so it was nice. I'm glad that nobody was offended that I brought Kaitlyn. I wish things were easier for Sean and Alyssa and Kaitlyn and people who care about them. I was a little insensitive, not inviting Sean and Alyssa to my birthday party. I was worried that something might go wrong, which is stupid, because, really, we're all adults and we know how to handle ourselves. Peter, who cares about Sean and Kaitlyn very much, urged me to give them both a chance. I'm sorry I didn't, and I hope my error in judgement wasn't too severe a slight. I hope that things will eventually be all good between everyone again.

No comments: