8/09/2005

Pre-oblivion

It's Tuesday evening. I'm sitting here watching a rerun of Gilmore Girls called "A Deep-Friend Korean Thanksgiving," in which Rory and Lorelai make their way through four thanksgiving dinners. It features Adam Brody seaguing seamlessly from Nirvana's "The Man Who Sold the World" into "Hymn #17" (hilarity!), a welding mask to cook a turkey (*before* the imbibing!) and Milo Ventimiglia, who, I gotta say, doesn't really need a gimmick according to me. ^_^

I keep forgetting to take my trumpet in for repairs. I need to get it done, like, _now_ if I want to have enough time to prep my ensemble audition pieces. Not that the tradition of choosing my jazz audition piece no more than 48 hours beforehand isn't thrilling... Then again, I'm not auditioning for jazz this year. My reduced courseload this past year made me really enjoy not having two and a half hour rehearsals on Monday nights. And, besides, if I haul myself down to Frankenhorn, I can finally stop in at the Bandstand and get myself some new technique books for my reprise of lessons. I'm actually really looking forward to that.

I've been haunting the online registration lately to check whether a spot has opened up in my Scene Study course. So for, all that's happened is that the section of the course that conflicts with my Percussion Techniques class has also filled up. I was supposed to get myself down to the University and get myself on a waiting list about two months ago, but, well... yeah. See, this would never happen if the students who actually _need_ the course to graduate, as opposed to the people like me who could take it or about a dozen other courses, weren't given a two-month registrating priority. Stupid preferential treatment. *mock pout* It's not my fault I can look at a list of courses and determine which are and aren't worthless wastes of my time. And all the others that aren't have Scene Study I as a prereq. ^_^

And now I'm off to lose myself in Tuesday night oblivion...

No comments: