8/15/2005

A Fuzzy Good Little Consumer Feeling Inside

Feeling kinda mellow right now. I spent a remarkable amount of money this weekend. I bought school supplies, sneakers, some pants and a couple of shirts. It gives me a warm fuzzy Good Little Consumer feeling inside. I found the neatest thing at Staples! I never used to carry tape with me, because it didn't fit in my pencil case, but I found this 4-pack of tape, and each is about 3 centimetres long! They're each a different colour, too. ^_^ I tried taking a picture of them to post here, but the picture wouldn't load from the camera to the computer. My parents need a new computer...

Lunch on Saturday was fun. We went to Mikado. Mmmm, sushi. I also ran into Kaitlyn and Liz at Second Cup when I went to pick Peter up from work. Apparently, the guy Liz came to town to see was being awkward. They escaped from Suede Lounge after he dropped his drink and got glass and liquor all over the place.

Saw Blaine the ex and Christine the frist year trumpet player who's switching to business at Southgate yesterday. He's working at Sears, she's working at Eddie Bauer. Blaine's been saying he's going to quit that job for well over a year now. Apparently, there are guys nearing retirement who started when they were Blaine's age, and he's a little scared of becoming one. I don't know, though. Blaine's pretty well suited for that job. He flawlessly adopted his father's uncomfortable sense of humour. He and Christine spent a lot of this past year flirting. Apparently Christine doesn't really discriminate with the guys she flirts with, but, I gotta say, *cringe*. Been there, done that, dear, and I gotta tell you, Blaine is destined to forever be a 13-year-old, both in demeanour and physical awkwardness. And... elsewise. Moving on...

Hehehe! I just discovered that I can move the cursor on my laptop with my nose. ^_^

I got my trumpet back from The Wind Shoppe today! It's happy!! It works well, everything moves easily and it's clean!!! Onward with the audition prep!

Apparently Peter's family birthday dinner is going to be on Friday, as long as his dad remembers to make reservations. He wants to go to The Blue Pear. That place had really good food, but the last time I was there, my parents and I were at one of the only two occupied tables and that made it kind of uncomfortable for me. Oh, well, it's his borthday and a Friday night should be busier and Peter's family is much more talkative than mine, so there will hopefully be fewer silences than I'm used to. Yay pep talk!

No comments: