8/27/2005

Names, like Aura and Ondrej and Douglas

It's 8:40 on Saturday morning and my house is buzzing. My parents are discussing dishwashers for our new house. Apparently, there have been some impressive innovations in dishwashers in recent years.

I woke up at 6:30 and couldn't get back to sleep, partly because I was hungry (I didn't really eat dinner last night) and party because I had sooooo much water last night, that I had to go to the bathroom. I went to Aura's birthday party last night, at Scholar's. It was so much fun. I haven't really gotten to hang out with Aura lately. Court and Caitlyn were there, and Caitlyn was modelling new MSA t-shirts, which are cute and will only cost $15, apparently, so I'm totally getting one. Sean and Alyssa were there, too, even though Alyssa has strep throat (again), and Ondrej was there, too. Jeremy was invited, but didn't come. I haven't seen him all summer, and I want to before he leaves, which will probably be soon. Oh, and Doug was there, too. (Hi, Doug!)

I'm not sure what I want to do today. My mom half-jokingly suggested heading to Calgary to check out this kitchen supply store that's supposedly really good, but my dad would have to come for that trip to be of any use, and he's going to finish staining the deck today. He now has to work on Monday, so his 5-day weekend was cut down to three days, and he's feeling the pressure, so to speak. He turns 60 on Tuesday, so I'm not entirely sure why he's decided to stain the deck himself, but hey, at least I don't have to do it. I just wish someone would tell the man that drinking pop because you're thirsty from working out in the sun all day is not a good idea. Oh, well...

My parents decided that our espresso machine can't suck up hot milk properly through the hose-ish attachment, but I say it just doesn't like them. You have to respect machines, recognise their quirks, which is never as simple as the temperature of the milk, and then they'll be nice to you. It's considerations like these that are leading to me having difficulties in naming my tablet pc. I wasn't going to name it, but I've changed my mind. So, I'm asking you guys for suggestions. Pick a name, any name. As long as it's two syllables. Male or female. Traditional human name or not. My old computer was named Evi. I miss that computer. It was sentient. I swear. It imitated me. Hence, Evi, a variation on Eve, meaning "life." My tablet pc isn't really the same, but it has it's own charm. It likes to randomly click the mouse. I've learned to be very careful where I place the cursor when I'm doing things like typing, lest something go wrong. But, yeah, please help me by suggesting a name. Two syllables is the only criteria I have. I'm weird about names. I bought a baby name book when I was 14. I used to name the characters in screenplays my friend Elliott would write. I like names. Classic names are my favourite. Anyway, enough rambling. Bring on the suggestions!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Kaitlyn, you sure are ~cheerful~ lately!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Janita, you did know that Jer is already in Montreal, right? His auditions are tomorrow! O_o