8/10/2005

Somebody Wants to Meet Me!?

So I'm having lunch on Saturday with Kaitlyn and a friend of hers from Calgary, who, apparently, wants to meet Peter and I. This took me somewhat by surprise. The last time I went through the experience of somebody asking to be introduced to a friend of a friend, it was my friend Natalie asking if she could e-mail my penpal, Marco, from Holland, and it ended with me expressing my disapproval of their online romance because, well, she was 15 and he was 28 and they had never even met. Not that that's what I expect to have happen this time. Anyway, I'm looking forward to it, really! ^_^

Also looking forward to wings tomorrow night. Kaitlyn has agreed to be my date, since Peter's working and she'd like to see Doug et al while everyone's still in town for the summer. The wings at Darrien's are sooo good! I never used to understand chicken wings. Marty and I had a discussion about it at The Library (when it was still The Library) after a jazz concert in my first year, and he did jack all to enlighten me, but Darrien's convinced me no probalo.

Hey, I wonder if I still have that picture of Marco posing with a rifle in K-Mart...

ETA: Alas, I can't seem to find it. But I did find a bunch of printed picutres he sent me of his hometown, Cappelle a/d Ijssel. (sp?) I miss Marco. We kinda drifted after the whole Natalie incident...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

All this talk about Darien's...I'm so jealous!
Oh yes, and the teacher in me says that it should be "...wants to meet Peter and me". but that's just me being a teacher, I guess:)

Anonymous said...

Is it? I've always thought it was supposed to be "Peter and I." Can anybody answer this one?

Anonymous said...

It's a grammar thing...let's say if you were to take the sentence "Give the present to Jack and me". The way you tell that it's supposed to be "Jack and me" rather than "Jack and I" is you take the "Jack and" part out of the sentence and see if it makes sense. In this case "Give the present to I" doesn't make sense, therefore it would have to be "Give the present to Jack and me". Does that make any sense whatsoever? In your sentence "...wants to meet Peter and me" is correct otherwise it would be "...wants to meet I", and that just doesn't make sense. Hopefully I'm not being annoying...and hopefully I haven't confused y'all:) Let's just say I'm bored:)

Kirayla of Terenas said...

What you can have a gun in a K-mart? Anways I must say that the best wings I have ever had are made by my dad! I just find most other wings to greasy.