8/22/2005

Machines

AKA the things that tend to run our lives.

Car's fine. In fact, it was fine Staurday morning. No idea what happened. I've decided to believe that the battery died, even though I have no idea how that would've happened, and letting it sit quiety overnight gave it the rest it needed. Peter, ever the anthropomophist, imitated it saying it needed a night off. So, really, all this did was make me take the long way home on Saturday so that I stayed off the Whitemud in case it died again. I mean, it's not like gas prices have been going up in the past couple of years...

Apparently, my tablet pc has an integrated video card, and, while this doesn't really surprise me, it means that I might not be able to run WOW at the hightest settings. This bothers me. I figure, if I'm going to do this, I might as well do it right. So now I'm wondering if I have room for a non-integrated video card in this machine. Not that I'd actually consider getting one, since they're expensive, but I'd like to know that I _could_ optimize my comp. There's a little slot on the side, where I know you could put a card to enable wireless internet access, except that I have that ability built in, so I'm not sure what else you could use it for. Although those wireless internet cards have the cute little antenna sticking up, which I find far too amusing. ^_^

A Dell flyer came with the paper this morning, and I flipped through it, looking for a new machine for my parents. The one they've got is dying. Quickly. When we first got it, my friend Nathan said it was like using the Holy Grail to scratch your back. My parents haven't been putting it to better use over the years, it's no longer the Holy Grail, and now it's dying of Consumption from too much MahJong and Freecell and Outlook. So, once I finish this post, I'm gonna go to the Dell website and poke through their full selection. They'd prefer a Gateway, but since you can't get those customized in Canada anymore, as I discovered when I tried to buy the tablet pc they make, we'll have to settle for Dell. Dude!

The XBox 360 is coming out in time for Christmas, so why isn't the Nintendo Revolution? I so totally want one of those! ^_^

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really hope that everyone knows that computer mahjong isn't _REAL_mahjong. ^_^
Joyce