1/12/2006

Long Week

So it turned out that the internet problems I was having at home were due to our modem dying. Luckily, a guy from Shaw cable showed up just before nine this morning and now everything's hunky-dory.

Oooh, I need a weekend. I'm not entirely sure why, but I crashed last night at about 9. I had two papers to write last night, and I needed to actually research the one for Band Tech, so I was over at Peter's place so that I could use the internet. I'd only written my Ed Psych paper by the time I crashed, though, so I got up at 6 this morning to write the paper for Deebs. Yeah, I fell asleep on the couch for another hour or so. I got the paper done by 8, though, thank God. Not spectacular, but oh well. Actually, a rather amusing little bit was that as I was losing the ability to see straight last night, I said "Dr. Street can go hang--I'm sleepy," and Dave piped up "What? Hanging Dr. Street? I'm in!" I love that Dave is with us on this. ^_^

Being done an hour and a half before class started meant I could go home and change, which was nice. I didn't get to take a shower, though, which would really have helped, but I guess that's the price I pay for needing sleep. Ah, I'm now remembering my high school mantra: Sleep is for the weak. Thinking back, I did sleep through a lot of classes, however...

So all was well for most of the day, except for the fact that I hurt my back, knee and just above my ankle by falling on the stairs last night, so I'm all bruised and sore. I actually said out loud "Oh, that hurt!" Luckily no one was around to hear my Cpt. Obvious moment. When I got to Ed Psych this afternoon, however, I was thoroughly unimpressed to find out that the paper wasn't due today. I have no idea when it's due--I guess I should check the syllabus--but the prof wouldn't accept it early because he said he'd lose it. I traipsed back to FAB from Tory Turtle rather annoyed.

But then I came home and showered and had yogurt and caught up on my blog reading and I'm happy again. :-) Oh! And my glasses and contact lenses arrived, too! I can see properly! It's actually quite amazing the difference the glasses make, considering my astigmatism isn't strong enough to make me legally obligated to correct it while driving. And the contact lenses are the kind I've worn for years, so they're not all drying and evil to my eyes. The only problem is that they screwed up the coating on my glasses lenses, so it's kinda foggy to look through them and I have to take them back next week to have the lenses switched, which will apparently take about 15 minutes. Oh, well.

Tomorrow is Friday! Only two classes, a long break and no Wind Ensemble sectional! Oh! And pancakes!!!

No comments: