1/06/2006

Post #120

Feeling self-important enough to blog. Yesterday and today have been spent kind of detoxing. The caffeine badness of a couple of nights ago took its toll, and so I've been readjusting from that. I couldn't even crash properly--I had to take medication to sleep. When I tried to sleep just because I was tired, my brain kept doing this thing where ten million thoughts would rush all over eachother and some would make sense, and others wouldn't be even close to true and no way in hell could I relax enough to sleep then. Ugh. Maybe there were opiates in the cinnamon I added to that coffee...

But, yeah, not much else going on around here. Doug's birthday party is tonight! Yay, Doug!! Looking forward to that. Vowing not to drink. Much, anyway.

Oh! Something good has happened recently. Yesterday, I had _another_ optometrist appointment, but I finally convinced him that the best way to handle things was to use regular contact lenses for my myopia and then put astigmatism correction in glasses which I would wear only when needed. So lenses were ordered yesterday and I went and bought frames today. In a week, I will be able to see properly! Took bloody well long enough. He had to try me on all types of torric lenses _and_ on aspherical lenses, too, but none of them manage to correct my astigmatism, for some reason he can't fathom. I have no idea why, either, but I'm glad that we finally go to the solution I was hoping for. The ashperics aren't bad, but they don't let me see my music properly, so they are a no-go.

Hmm, maybe a little nap before going out tonight...

No comments: