6/28/2006

A Kind of Adventure

Holy crap. I just got back from the Passport Office. It was quite an ordeal. Not the actual Passport Office--I was in and out in ten minutes flat--but getting there was nuts. I went to take the low level bridge, like I usually do, except it was closed, and I wound up going east on 98ave, past the Muttart Conservatory. It's actually very pretty down there--some nice condo/townhouse deals. Anyway, I knew I was going East, but that was about it. But I managed to guess correctly as to how to get to Wayne Gretsky Drive! Yay, me!!! This is especially impressive to me because I've only been there, like, three times since it was named that, and the street that turns into it is 75a street, which is a rather inconspicuous number. I told myself that I wasn't lost, I was exploring. ^_^

But, yeah, I was expecting to have to wait at the Passport Office for a couple of hours, but the drive took, like, five times as long as the amount of time I spent there. *slightly frazzled*

And my photo was rejected, so I have to go get new ones taken. I don't have to get them resigned, though, which is good, but the reason for the rejection is kinda... consterning. (Is that a word? It caused consternation, in any case.) They said everything was too bright--that there wasn't enough contrast between my skin and my hair. I wanted to tell the guy I was dealing with that unless he wanted me in blackface, there wasn't really going to be any contrast, but I figured I'd just try wearing some regular make-up first. I'll go back to WalMart tomorrow. The guy at the Passport Office said they were supposed to redo the photographs for free, which is nice. I considered just going to the photo place next to the Passport Office, but I didn't have a jacket/sweater/something to cover my shoulers, and I figured the make-up would be needed, anyway.

The one good thing about this, though, was that I discovered that getting a passport only take ten business days, rather than the four-six weeks my mom tells all the people she deals with. I was kind of worried that I'd have to get it rushed or something.

Elsewise, the recent state of Joanne's blog makes me giggle. ^_^ Looking forward to tonight, guys. :-)

No comments: