6/17/2006

Post # 204

It is Saturday night and I had yummy homemade hambugers for dinner. :-) Now I'm full, though, which is less :-) than I'd like. :-(

Last night rocked. We were all rather drunk (except for Trilina, who was driving, but even she had wine and scotch), and for once playing cards wasn't a tense game of... What game would that be? I want to say chicken, but that's totally not it. It's kind of a meta-game where you have to make sure you make only optimal moves, otherwise you're fed to the wolves. Needless to say, playing cards with my family can be very stressful. But last night it wasn't. One particular highlight was when I turned to my brother to say "I'm articulate," but in my inebriated state said "articulant." He found that rather funny.

And I won at cards. ^_^

Work is boring. I was on reception today, and I watched Harry Potter 4 twice and Almost Famous one and a half times. And I half-heartedly boxed up a bin of clearance CDs by label. That's mind-numbing, because you have to scan each CD to double-check the label, because a lot of the tags are wrong because the info gets changed on old CDs when their status gets demoted to clearance, so reprinted labels are reasonably useless. There are *thinks* somewhere between 8 and 10 bins left to box up, and somebody working at a non-frenzied pace would get through one every four hours or so.

Come to think of it, I remember when I first started working there, we were doing a project to re-label the clearance CDs so they'd have the correct information on them. That's what I spent the entirety of my first shift doing. I guess we didn't get through all of them... *-_-

So the Oilers are playing and I'm trying my hardest not to know anything about it. It's not that I don't want them to win, but I don't like the stress of watching live sports when the stakes are high. I'd rather just know the next morning. Or whenever the honking starts. I guess I am going down to Jasper Ave later tonight to pick up Peter, so I'll know then, I'm pretty sure. Since his Second Cup is in the same building as a bar. *apprehensive look*

This is rather a long post considering I don't really have anything to say. You guys now know the ins and outs of my job just as well as I do, I'm sure. I'm hoping our house is ready on time--there've been delays with the drywall--because otherwise things will probably happen while I'm in Uruguay. And stuff. Yeah, bye...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm in calgary!! Wo Ho!!