6/23/2006

Quasi-Flirting in the Workplace is Unhelpful

I must be at work in just over an hour, but oh, well. The insanity that has been is now over. It is, of course, being replaced by a new kind of insanity in the form of a CD and DVD sale, but that's less physical labour, so I'm cool with it. ^_^ I was redistributing/organizing/facing the metal and rock/pop sections last night, having gotten stuck on the main CD floor again, and since I know next to nothing about metal music, I asked the manager who'd been helping me before for some way to figure out what was important and what to feature, etc. I was basically trying to con him into helping me again, but I would have settled for just some insight into metal music. He moved some CDs around and told me to "fake it. Fake it as hard as you can!" I just couldn't resist playing along with that one, so I caught his eye, smiled coyly and held it for a second before giving a sly "ok." This would have been a lot more fun, though, if that hadn't been a natural time for him to walk away without having helped one whit. *bangs head against desk* I managed all right, though, but, good lord, we have a lot of Iron Maiden. And Megadeth. And like 25 different Kiss CDs.

But right now it is sunny, I had a yummy portabello burger for lunch, and I am wearing my favourite jeans, so the world is a wonderful place. :-) Even if the new Nelly Furtado CD sounds frighteningly '80s. I'd swear the track Glow is a remake/rip-off of something, but there's nothing in the writing credits to suggest that. Huh.

No comments: