6/19/2006

*Title*

Jenilee, why are you in Calgary? And why are you so excited about it?

I remember once when I was spending most of the day with Joyce, she got a call from her mom, saying that she and Joyce's aunt were on their way to Calgary. I can't remember why, but I do remember that when they hit Red Deer they decided they didn't to go to Calgary after all, and they turned around and called Joyce to tell her they were coming home. I said to Joyce that they must be frustrated to have to drive all that way for nothing, and she replied that they probably had a ball chatting away and didn't care one whit about Calgary.

Anyway, tonight is game 7. Peter asked if I'd come by the store to see him tonight, and I said I wasn't sure. I'm kind of uneasy about the prospect of being on Jasper Ave tonight. I wonder how many preventitive/zero-tolerance arrests will happen. I am hoping we win, but mostly I'm waiting for all this craziness to be over. Then again, we might finally merit our city nickname, "City of Champions," if we have the Grey Cup and the Stanley Cup won in the same year. Then people can stop complaining about what an outdated, ridiculous nickname it is. To be fair, though, I've never known the Eskimos to particularly suck, but I'm only peripherally aware of them most of the time.

I'm currently having a grand ol' time with my computer in front of me and my television playing CSI over my shoulder. Earlier, however, I was really, really hungry and, therefore, irritable, and I nearly talked myself into a parking ticket. I was dropping Peter off at his mom's house, and, for those of you who've never been there, it's a small residential road with parking on both sides and one driving lane down the middle, even though there's two-way traffic. I pulled over to my left, which was the side Peter's house was on, and, just as we were saying goodbye, a "Parking Patrol" vehicle pulled up. I apologized and played dumb, and she wasn't going to give me a ticket, but because I played dumb, she explained why what I was doing was illegal. She said that parking on the wrong side of the road meant that, when I pulled back onto the road, neither me nor a vehicle on the road would be able to see eachother. I must've looked confused, but, really, I was biting back a remark about people apparently not being able to use their eyes and/or rear-view mirrors. ^_^ But, yeah, she left, Peter went inside and I went home to get food. Which I have since eaten. So I'm feeling good again. :-)

However, I should go clean the kitchen. Oh, well. CSI will still be here in 15 minutes, and the internet will be here for... I imagine until WWIII, at least.

4 comments:

Joyce said...

I remember that day! It was my aunt, my uncle and my mom. They had to turn back because of some massive storm or other.

Anonymous said...

Go check May 09, 2006. You'll understand how it feels when you put people down!

Keeks said...

Don't think I haven't noticed that i've been bumped to second on your blog link list... =)

'Nita said...

Hey, you're the one who stopped updating for a while. ;-p