6/09/2006

Point Form Update

1. Thanks to everybody who RSVPed about July 2nd.

2. Went over to Jenilee's house last night with a dozen donuts. I was assuming her brother was there, but he wasn't, so I ate three myself and came home with five. I can feel my arteries clogging. I'm gonna try bringing the rest over to Peter's today.

3. My grandmother had a heart attack. Wow, I just realized that I found this out and then wanted donuts. Creepy. Anyway, she's alive, getting stronger and now officially has a room at a real hospital for the rest of her life, instead of the nursing home-esque hospital that she was at before. My mom and my aunts are going to see my grandparents in waves over the next few weeks. I was asked to come, but I have work that I really can't afford to miss.

4. In absense of my parents, my dog's life has simplified down to the point where he only has two thoughts that alternate: "Breathe. Treat Ball. Breathe. Treat Ball." It's actually getting really annoying, so I'm gonna try keeping the treat ball out of sight, out of mind for the next while and see how that goes.

5. My parents get back in two days. Yeah, I haven't done the gardening. It really has been raining almost non-stop around here. Jenilee offered to come over in a rain jacket and help today, but I really don't know where she gets her priorities. ;-p Oh, well. I'm fully prepared for my mother to beat me within an inch of my life and kick me out onto the street for this, so I should be all right.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, while you know, helping out a friend is on the top of my priority list. Even if that means being soaked to the bone. Oh and my brother's incident is up!!

MorPRi said...

sorry about your grandma, but it's good to hear she is recovering well. My grandma had surgery on her knees yesterday, she is also recovering well. MorPRi will be there July 2nd, although Mor may be a tad late...I am coming home from Lethbridge that day, and I'm not sure when I'll be in town.

'Nita said...

Excellent. :-)