6/25/2006

Thievery

I confess: I am a blog thief. If I see something nifty on a friend's blog, I will steal it an put it on my own blog. Well, only if it's customizable, like a quizz or a game or something. That being said, here is a classic e-mail survey. Actually, it's not all that classic, but rather sparse on the name-rank-serial number side of things and, therefore, useless as a potential Nex profile. But it's still fun. :-)

Oh, and I got it from MorPRi's blog. Sadly, I do not have dual personalities to give you funny little banter-answers. I could try, but I'd probably wind up naming the personalities "Thesis" and "Antithesis" or something boring like that. Or, worse yet, "Thesis" and "Anacrusis." ... Onto the questions!

1.What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?

I... don't know. Breyers Natural Vanilla is most excellent and the one I eat the most often, but it's not my favourite. I like the cinnamon ice cream they have at Marble Slab, but the fun there is mixing it with stuff. Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Fudge Brownie would be better if I could eat more than one spoonful without feeling guilty (the yougurt variety just isn't as good). Damn, why did the first question have to be so hard??? I'm just gonna go with Cookies 'n' Creme. That stuff is tasty fish.

2.What was the last thing you ate?
Raisin Bran for breakfast. I woke up feeling ravenously hungry. Now I feel digesty.

3.What CD is in you CD player right now?
You know, I was about to say that I don't own a CD player, or at least one that works, but then I remembered the one in my car. It currently contains Nelly Furtado's latest CD, Loose, which I was featuring for both Peter and Joyce recently. :-)

4.How many keys are on your key ring?
I am insignificant--only four keys and a lip balm holder with no lip balm. I can't remember who it was, but there was a celebrity who had a bit on the Simpsons, and he was talking about how, after his hit show went off the air, he became a real person with his own keys. That one hit a little close to home with me.

5.How much money do you have in your wallet?
61 cents, which is bad. I haven't been carrying any cash around because I haven't been to the bank in, like, three weeks. I'm cringing just thinking about the bank fees I'm raking up by using my debit card so often. I only get 15 free transactions per month, and I'm pretty sure at somewhere around triple that. Note to self: Go to the bank. If nothing else, I should scrounge around for some change to use in the vending machines at work in case of dire hunger emergency, or a Diet Coke with Lime craving. I love that we have that in our vending machine! :-)

6.List two bad habits that you have....
Being messy. *looks over at carpet stain I should have scrubbed out, like, three days ago*
Being... headstrong. A lot.

7.What's your birthstone? would you change it?
Ruby. No, I wouldn't change it, but I would get a better-quality one in my grad ring--the one they used is pink. Stupid Jostens.

8.If you had only day to live, what would you do?
I think the spirit of this question precludes me from saying things like "write my will," so I'll just say spend time with loved ones, drink some good wine and maybe call a couple of people and make embarassing confessions just so that I can laugh at how uncomfortable they look at my funeral. Well, maybe not. At least not for that reason.

9.Do you know what your name means?
Janita is the Dutch equivalent of Jane, which more or less means "Gracious gift from God." I remember my ex nearly had a coronary at dating "God's gracious gift." I think that was moment number 28 that I knew it was over.

10.What colour is your room?
For once, I really like the colour of my room. It's a light grey-ish purple called "Simplicity." Previously, my room was marroon and indigo, and multi-coloured pastel sponge painting that I did myself when I was 8 or 9. I liked both of those ideas in theory, but the way I have things now just looks a lot more like an actual room, rather than a bizarre cave or toybox.

11.Think about this for a second-- when you fasten your pants do you do the button first?
I totally do the button first. I remember having a debate with my mom about this when I was, like, 6. She said that you had to do the zipper up first in order to help get the button close enough to the button-hole to close it. (She was gaining weight at the time.) But I said that you did the button up first to help get the zipper closed because you didn't have to hold the button in place after it was buttoned, whereas you did have to hold the zipper in place after it was zipped. I guess I put a lot of thought into very small things when I was 6.

12.Leno or Letterman?
Ugh, neither. Maybe if Tucker Carlson monologued with a back-up stage band, then I'd find it funny.

13.When you have food cravings, is it usually for something sweet or salty?
Sweet. It's all about the sweet. Especially sweet of the gummy variety. Mmmm...

14.Whats is your favorite breakfast cereal?
(Note: I have chosen not to edit the grammar or spelling of the questions. Therefore, imagine a constant [sic] pertaining to anything I didn't write.) Uh... Probably either Raisin Bran or Mini Wheats. I don't often sit down to enjoy cereal. It's usually something I eat in a hurry or because I'm hungry and need something quick. Cinnamon Toast Crunch is a good sugar cereal, though.

15.When you fall asleep are you usually on your side, your back or stomach?
I prefer sleeping on my back, but if the pillow's too firm, I sleep on my side. For some reason I always want to sleep with my arms above my head, and that's really only possible on my back.

16.When you find a spider in your house do you kill it, ingnore it or shoo it?
I kill it. If it thinks it's going to go make a little spider's nest in my house and start writing messages about my hot water tank being quite a pig, it's got another thing coming. The only problem is I don't like feeling the bug squish and break and die and whatnot, so I have to go find something I can kill it with that won't let me feel that.

17.Can you play a musical instrument if so which one?
According to my transcript, I can play all instruments except strings and less common versions of common instruments (like English horn, bass clarinet, etc). In reality, my trumpet and saxophone skills are my strongest, and there's a significant drop in competence between the former and latter. I guess I'm not bad at the brass instruments, though. Flute made me light-headed. Percusion made me feel stupid. Note how the two are different sensations.

18.What is your blood type?
I have absolutely no idea. Probably O-, I imagine. But it'd be nifty to have an uncommon bloodtype, like AB or something. But I guess that wouldn't be as nifty if I ever needed a transfusion.

19.What is your favorite number?
I can't decide between 9 and 16. 25 is just too much, though, and 4 is not enough.

20.If you could be any animal what would you be?
I remember I was talking with Jenilee about the Furries once, and she expressed something to the extent of liking the idea of being able to express yourself as you truly are by dressing up. Now, I'm pretty sure she won't do it, but for now, I'm saying that I'd like to be a human, thankyouverymuch.

21.Women- what kind of perfume do you wear? men- what kind of cologne do you wear?
On occasion I'll use Dewberry-scented bath products, and I do own a bottle of Dewberry-Black Currant sceneted perfume, but I can't remember the last time I wore some.

22. Whose the hottest actor or actress?
I'm trying to decide whether or not to answer this question seriously. Jake Gyllenhal is pretty hot, I guess. Oh, what the hell: Bob Dole!!!!

23. How is Your Summer going so far?
Hunky-dory. Work, get paid, work, get paid, work, get paid. And soon I get to see everybody who's been away. Yay, everybody!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Furries, hey!