10/06/2005

Mostly Splendiferous (quaquaquaqua)

So yesterday was mostly splendiferous. My scene study class did a neat little acting exercise where you ork with another person and come up with a close relationship like sisters or friends or whatnot, and then you each think of something you need to tell the other. Your partner doesn't know what that is, though, and the exercise involves sitting in silence in chairs facing eachother for a couple of minutes, playing the moment of trying to tell them. My partner and I were friends, and after the silence bit, my prof told me to say my thing first, which was that I had accepted a great job offer in New York and would be leaving next month. My friend just kinda sat there stoically and eventually said that she hoped we could stay in touch. It was kind of weird. Then my prof told her to tell her thing, and she told me that she'd pushed her mom down the stairs and killed her. She'd been laying there for about 13 hours, apparently. I... wasn't sure what to say. It was quite the exercise. I eventually gave in a dropped the line "I think it's time for me to take you to *your* new house," but I waited until the moment was over first. ^_^ And then our group for our next scene analysis project got together, and we decided that, instead of Rosencrantz and Gildenstern are Dead, we would do Waiting for Godot, which, as some of you know, is more or less my favourite play in the world. I was very happy. There four of us, though, so I'm not sure if we'll be allowed to do the second act, where Lucky is mute, but I wouldn't even mind tackling his insane monologue in the first act, since I've got about a quarter of it memorised already and know the rest in bits and pieces. We'll see what my prof says. Or, alternately put, But not so fast.

By conducting class yesterday afternoon, though, I was getting tired. This girl kept standing too close to me and bumping me over, and this 40-something woman seemed to find it amusing that she couldn't remember any of her glossary terms when we were having the glossary competition game-thingy, which meant we lost horribly. I have no sympathy for people who have forgotten how to learn. This woman always makes such a big deal about how she can't think in any of the ways the prof suggests, and I just want to tell her that she'll either have to learn to do so, come up with some ways of her own, or fail the class, and that none of those involve so much complaining. Grrr...

But I felt better after mooching some of Peter's pizza and french onion soup from Academy. ^_^ Oh, that reminds me of a question I want to aks you guys, but I'll save that until the end of the post. Then, as I was about to head home, I ran into Ashley and Audrey, who had beed left behind by their ride to jazz band, so I gave them a lift. They said they owed me, and I shall remember that. *maniacle laugh*

And then I went home and slept for three hours. Glorious, glorious sleep. And afterwards, I didn't feel like stabbing anybody. *proud smile* So I went to the bar. ^_^

I met Peter and a couple of his history friends at Scholar's to celebrate the completion of his presentation on Oliver Cromwell. The hockey game was on. We won! But, man, was that place loud. You should have seen me jump when they scored right after I got there. See, I was sitting under a tv, so I wasn't really watching the game, except kind of on the tv across the room, so mostly Peter and I just chatted while his friends cheered. And I mooched some of his fries. ^_^

Anyway, enough of this rather long post, and on to my question. I was asked this question a couple of days ago, and it caught me completely off guard, and I have since been asking people I know for their answers: If you could change one thing about your life right now, without breaking the laws of physics or anything insane like that, what would it be? My first thought was that I'd like more money, but when I thought about what I'd do with more money, I decided that a more appropriate answer would be that I'd like to move out. You guys?

1 comment:

Keeks said...

If I could change one thing in my life...hmmm...well it would probably be to have avoided the many situations that led me to have low expectations about people in general. Either that, or to have travelled more... :P