10/20/2005

Thursday's Child isn't Happy, Either

I've been rather absent from my blog lately. All I can say is that I've been really busy. It's the mid-term crunch, but even that is being put on the backburner in order to be able to work on my monologue. I've got three of the five parts memorised, which works out ot about three quarters of the speech, since the last section is short. I spent hours working on it this morning and then realised this evening that I'd left a part out. Bah.

Allow me a moment to rant here. I'm rather tired of people bitching about Wind Ensemble. If you're doing you're part, then plug your hole with an instrument and do it. If you're not doing your part, then don't be a hypocrite by complaining about people like you. And if you absolutely must say something, then say it in a contructive manner, rather than taking delight in being obnoxiously self-deprecating or discouraging somebody even more than they already are. I had an encounter with a second-year non-music-student who plays fifth horn in Wind Ensemble today that left me peeved and disheartened, so I felt that this needed to be said. And I'm being the bigger person and not even mentioning that she realised she'd lost her music early Friday morning right before we left for Red Deer. ^_^

But, in any case, it's been a long day and I feel blechy, so I'm going to go chillax with my man, yo. Will update again soon with more positive stuff.

No comments: