11/04/2005

And I Say to Myself... *cough* *hack* *choke*

So I'm in my pyjama pants and my fleece hoodie (because it's nicer than my night shirt), and I'm wrapped in the white chenille blanket that reminds me of a bunch of grains of arborio rice. In addition to my feeling like crap all week, which I hope is just exhaustion (my doctor suggested that it might be that simple, which is nice because I'm sick of having blood work done every six months), I also have a cold or mild flu. I coughing crap up, I ache and my stomach dislikes me. This has not been a pleasant week.

Went and saw the ESO rehearsal with Byron Stripling on trumpet and voice and Jeff Tyzik, who is also a trumpet player, guest conducting this morning. Being a big black guy, Byron can sing pretty well, and he was apparently born with chops of steel. He told us that in his first year of university he was conscripted into playing lead in one of his prof's professional big bands. The Grant Mac kids were there, many of whom I totally don't know, and they rehearsed Sweet Georgia Brown. I giggled.

We got to talk with Byron after the rehearsal, and he talked about selling yourself as a professional musician. It was a kind of neat talk, I guess, but the guest conductor kept taking over and talking ad nauseum about stuff that Byron had just said. I decided that he was a putz, and had therefore failed in selling himself to me.

And, of course, What a Wonderful World is on the program. Yay pops concerts!

I'm looking at Dave's spiffy black 4G iPod nano here, and while it does indeed rock, I have decided I would not buy one. I want an iPod that can hold 10G of music and fit into a credit card slot in your wallet. The nano is more or less there in terms of width, but its other proportions are all wrong. Thus, I don't actually want one. Plus, I'd need one that could use an FM transmitter, which the nano can currently not.

But here I am talking like I might actually have the money to spend on a nano, and like I don't already have a perfectly good iPod at home. Well, actually, it's in the car, and it needs to be charged, but it works! No water-related accidents for me!

I can feel the Advil I took a couple of minutes ago kicking in. It makes me happy... :-)

I feel like having some comments to read this weekend, so I'm gonna ask you guys a question. How often do you get sick? And what do you usually get sick with? I have a cousin who gets a chest infection every spring. It's the weirdest thing.

2 comments:

Jo said...

For a while there I was getting chronic massive sore throats...they began in Australia, and kept coming back every once in a while. They were nasty, and I assume it was a virus because I went to the doctor and that's what she suspected. Damn Australian weird viruses.
Currently (knock on wood) I haven't been sick in quite a while. There have been a couple days since I moved that I just didn't feel well, but no colds/flus to speak of for me...then again I have no stress and lots of sleep. I'm sure I'll get it all at once when I start teaching 2 years olds...assuming I get to teach 2 year olds...wow, that was long:)

Keeks said...

Twice a year. A cold. Have I mentioned how much i love my chiropractor?