11/23/2005

Do the Wednesday Dance!

I made trail mix! Six cups of it, so I can take little bags of it to school until the end of term. And since I actually made it, it doesn't have anything that I'd want to pick out. Some trail mixes have things like pine nuts and granola clusters that I don't think really work, so mine only has peanuts, almonds, raisins and M&Ms. Mmmm. :-)

So, ok, ok, I admit it. I actually like Prison Break. I can't believe they killed off Arbruzzi!!! But where the hell did T-Bag keep that blade? I only saw him pull it out of his mouth... For the record, though, the romance subplot between Michael and the doctor is still preposterous in my opinion, but the chemistry is enough to make me shut up and enjoy. ^_^

Conducting Assignment was today. I kept telling myself to practice for it, but it was just would not stay at the front of my mind. Remarkably, though, it went pretty well. My biggest problem was making sure I wasn't pulsing with my left hand throughout things like crescendi. We could choose between four excerpts, and one of the ones I didn't do was the weirdest arrangement of Shenandoah. It changed meter and the words were kind of displaced and nearly everbody who chose that one had problems with it. And that's why I don't want to focus on choral directing...

You know, I had such a busy day that I assumed I might have something to blog about. But I really don't. I have endeavoured to learn about *good* "screaming punk" music. I should be getting some listening by the end of the week. I'm especially curious as to how the drums get used. I'm so sick of "dance" drum beats...

HAHAHA!!!!
There's a story on the newscast I'm watching (I know, I know...) about how some people are trying to get 50 Cent's tour to stay out of Canada, and the anchor announced him as "Rapper Fifty cent, who I would be calling Fitty Cent if I had any edge whatsoever." ^_^ Ah, some people have a weird idea of edge...

No comments: