11/19/2005

The Morning After the Night Before (Subtitle: I Think They Renamed Dennis Creevey as Nigel)

Ugh.

Saturday morning hangover. Figuratively speaking. Saw a late showing of Goblet of Fire last night, which I actually quite liked, but it ended rather late and I crashed unpleasantly and woke up only to my mom coming in to announce she had a lot of work to do at 12:30. I dislike sleeping past noon--it throws off my sleeping pattern too much and tends to give me a headache, as today. Now my mom is in the back yard angrily doing work and yelling at my dad to help her. I escaped to my room. You know, I might have helped her if she had asked me yesterday or something, and I could have been ready for it, and that way she wouldn't have gotten frustrated at working by herself and wouldn't have yelled at my dad and I to help her.

Ugh.

I would go to West Ed to see if they have my size of these boots I like, but Peter has my car. I wasn't so much with the driving last night, so he dropped me off and took my car. It should be happily sitting in the parking lot outside of Second Cup right now, so I can't even ask him to drive it over. And like hell am I going to be able to get a ride from my parents anytime soon.

I should stop being so negative. Blech.

So, yeah, good news. I liked Goblet of fire. They cut out a whole bunch of course. No Bagman, no Percy, no Winky or Dobby, no SPEW, not really even any class except for the one where Moody shows them the Unforgivable Curses. The movie was more or less exclusively about the Three Tasks, and while I think they shouldn't have drawn out the First Task like they did, and instead used the time on transition and location shots (some scene changes were a little jerky), it was well handled. Ralph Fiennes kicked ass as Voldemort. He had this way of standing... There was a bit of a heavy-handed scene in which Snape was supervising the library and kept hitting Ron and Harry in the head, but I was enjoying myself enough that I didn't care. Not much Snape at all in the movie, come to think of it. I don't know why they changed Professor Flitwick's hair. He looked so much better in the first movie. Now he looks like a miniature Hitler. Oh, but I *heart* Fred and George!! This movie actually used them!! Although no mention of Weasley's Wizard Wheezes. Oh, well. But they did cut things very well. The lack of Winky and Dobby was made up for quite well by using Neville for the Second Task Gillyweed and a new addition to the scene of Frank's murder, which confused most people in the theatre at first, but worked very well. Excellent casting choice there, too, I'd say.

And now I've rambled happily for long enough. :-)

No comments: