9/07/2005

First Day of Classes

I'm tired and my computer isn't picking up our wireless internet signal, so this'll be a short entry, since my parents insist on keeping the window next to their computer open and it's chilly. First day of classes was alright. I'll find out tomorrow if I get into my Scene Study course. It didn't have the prof it was supposed to, but I like the one we've got. She reminds me of Shelly in a couple of small ways. I got stuck in the bad Conducting class. Both sections are at the same time, and I don't know anybody in my section, except for this BEd flute player who was in my Woodwind Tech class. Here's hoping people other than me got it mixed up which section they're in so that I'll have some friends. Tomorrow I have Percussion Tech at 8am!!!! Yay!!! And then nothing until 2, although Wind Ensemble starts next week. My audition's not until Friday. It feels so weird not having to absolutley scramble for my auditions. I chose my piece weeks ago, I've played it before, I have an excerpt of appropriate length, and I'm more or less certain I'll make the band. I mean, not to be a trumpet player or anything, but, really. My Stagecraft and Design course in is Tory. I'm not sure what to think of that. I was hoping for some hands-on, but maybe the theatres aren't bookable for an entire semestre's worth of classes. No, wait, that doesn't make any sense... In any case, it'll be nice to have a simple lecture class. I don't have any of those this term. I watched with semi-regret as people prepped for their jazz auditions today. I'd love to be able to do it, but that would be essentially a seventh course for the term, since I'm not in Wind Ensemble for credit. Also looking forward to lessons. Bought all three Vizutti books on Tuesday. The technical studies make a nice change from Clarke's, and are actually a lot more fluid. I hate Db major.

3 comments:

'Nita said...

Ok, not sure what I think about IE making my wireless internet mention into a search link. Use Netscape, people. That way, with Netscape 8, at least, you can set it to use Firefox for most things and IE for things like Hotmail. Best of both worlds, no annoying sell-you-stuff links.

'Nita said...

Oh, God, it even does it to the comments...

'Nita said...

And apparently it's just adware... I didn't think IE would be that annoying...