9/21/2005

Long Day

Oops. I just now checked my blog and discovered that that last post did indeed get posted. Three times, no less. I was on Peter's computer, and it was being evil, and I eventually had to give up. I thought I'd lost the post, which would have been a shame, because everybody needs to try that raisin toast/mascarpone cheese/apple slices/cinnamon thing.

Somewhat random wondering: Pri, if you're reading this (or Morgan, if you know), are you the proud owner of either a SmartCar or an Asianmobile? I never heard how that one turned out...

For the past couple of days, I've gotten home and felt like it's been such a long week and I'm so glad it's the weekend... and then I remember it's only Tuesday or Wednesday. I don't know why, but I could really use a weekend. I don't have too much to do or anything, but I feel really in need of a break. *sigh* Two more days...

Peter and I ran into Nicola today. She was wearing a t-shirt with a picture of a neuron on it, she has a boyfriend named Saxon, and her hair was yellow-blonde with ash-blonde roots. After we said goodbye to her, I told Peter that Nicola's hair reminded me of when my hair was dark blue and my friend Andrew Henry would tell me that my blonde roots were showing. Peter decided that would be a good figure of speech to use when I had a blonde moment, which happened almost immediately, when he used me as a test audience for his joke "So, covering all the angles there, Saxon?" and I took a second to get it.

Jenilee and I were discussing our weddings at lunch today. A friend of hers who's a year younger than us (which makes her 20) got engaged, and Jenilee might be a bridesmaid. We thought this was strange because, while this girl has known Jenilee since second grade, they aren't that close. So Jenilee and I planned who our Maids of Honour and bridesmaids would be. We, of course, chose eachother for Maid of Honour, and I said that if I were getting married tomorrow (and not eloping), my bridesmaids would be Lindsay and Joyce. Jenilee then took a moment to make sure I wasn't actually getting married tomorrow.

Also: Jeni, I'm taking your blog off of my links list in a week. There's just not really anything there right now, but the week is so you have a chance to post something and save your position on my It List. ;-p

I'm trying to get into a Tech/Design accreditation course. Since my Intro to Stagecraft and Design is such a gong show, I figured I'd take something that might actually teach me something. There's limited space, though--only about 15 students--and I'm not sure if priority is given to Drama Majors. The course I'm in right now, 279, is a prereq for 391, the advanced Tech/Design course, and this accreditation course, which is one Saturday long, equates 391 in terms of being qualified to work Tech in the U of A's Second Playing Space (even though the accreditation course doesn't have a prereq). I don't think I can apply it to my degree, though, even though my degree requires either 279 or 391. I don't get why they do that. The Theatre History requirements worked the same way--you either needed this one course _or_ its prerequisite. Doesn't that just mean you need the prereq? Oh, well. I took both Theatre History courses and will hopefully kind of take both Tech/Design courses, so the stupid requirements glitches won't matter AND I'll actually be qualified. Yay, qualified!


It's sitting by the overcoat
The second shelf, the note she wrote
That I can't bring myself to throw away
And also
Reach she said for no one else but you
Cuz you won't turn away
When someone else is gone

I'm sorry 'bout the attitude
I need to give when I'm with you
But no one else would take this shit from me
And I'm so
Terrified of no one else but me
I'm here all the time
I won't go away
It's me, yeah I can't get myself to go away
It's me, and I can't get myself to go away
Oh God, I shouldn't feel this way

Reach down your hand in your pocket
Pull out some hope for me
It's been a long day, always, ain't that right
And no, Lord, you're hand won't stop it
Just keep you trembling
It's been a long day, always, ain't that right

No comments: