9/26/2005

Weeeeekend!

Oh! I'm watching the news, and Agent 86 died! Sad...

My weekend went pretty well. I ate and drank a lot. There was an open bar at the reception, and there were a couple of incidents where I was hungry, but the beer got there first, and then I ate more to try to balance the beer I had and, well, you know how that works.

It's interesting seeing my dad's side of the family. Everybody is reasonable intelligent (except my cousin Jeffery, maybe, but his mother was a Piece. Of. Work.), but some of them don't come across as smart. Some of them are hicks and some of them just never bothered to pass any classes they took. Others became a lawyer (the groom) or a pharmacist (his brother) or a doctor (his sister). It's a very intersting mix, seeing who wanted bigger success and who just wanted to have a perfectly fine life. It's not like I'm aiming to the absolute limits of my potential by becoming a Music/Drama teacher, but it makes me wonder why we choose the lives we do.

So last night I had a dream that I went on a date with Paul Martin. It was freaky. I was kind of having a good time at first, but then I wasn't, so I ditched him and left him waiting in the car while I escaped into this restaurant. I told my mom about it today, and she laughed. now she's cooking lasagna, which I also like, because I'm hungry. Yay, lasagna!

1 comment:

gary j. introne said...

I enjoyed reading your episode; wedding, travel ,family and all that. I'm going to read some more, hoping it's just as cool - plain, direct, no pretention.

Drop me a note when you can.

http://garyjin.blogspot.com

Thanks.
Gary Introne