9/18/2005

Post #44

I'm really starting to miss people. I want Jo and Eric to come back, as well as Doug, Kaitlyn, Mandy and Sean. Hell, I even miss not having Pri around. ;-p And Morgan! Just because you guys have jobs and superior educational experiences, you think you can just up and leave. Well, harrumph!

Very little has happened to me in the past couple of days. Maybe I'd have something interesting to blog about if y'all came back. ;-p My mom got back from Winnipeg this morning. She went to see my grandparents. My grandfather is 90, but, despite reduced mobility and type 2 diabetes, is doing alright. My grandmother is about 86 and has three terminal diseases: 1) heart disease, which hasn't killed her yet, so maybe it won't, 2) lung cancer, which we're certain won't get a chance to kill her, because it's just a little baby tumour and she's got 3) Alzeihmers, and it's getting pretty bad. My mom wanted to give my grandfather a break from my grandmother by taking her out shopping and the like, which I thought was a spectacularly stupid idea. Yeah, sure, a woman with Alzheimers would be perfectly happy in a crowded, noisy and unfamilliar palce with a woman she doesn't recognize. Amazingly, it went alright. My grandmother kept asking who my mom was married to and what he did, as well as where her children were, but there weren't any situations that required either an ambulance or the ploice, so I suppose it wasn't all that bad.

Hmm, let's see. I want people to leave me comments, so I'm going to ask you a question that you have to leave a comment to answer, but I'm having trouble thinking of one... Oh! In honour of Jo's birthday, what's the best birthday card you've ever received?

3 comments:

'Nita said...

Yeesh, I should have chosen a question that I could answer. I always wanted one of those cards that came with a pin that said "I'm 4 years old today!" or the like, but I never got one. :-( I got a really cool sweet 16 card from, like, 3 different people. Jenilee always makes me a card, which is neat. I remember making one for her mom one year, and it had Garfield on the front, and the punchline inside was "At least you're not 40." I don't think my mom gave that one to her... Birthday cards that come with cash are always nice. I got a great Valentine's Day card from my ex-bf once, with a couple depicted as rabbits, and the male rabbit was really cranky and unpleasant a lot, and the card was apologizing and insisting that the female rabbit was loved, anyway. I think that relationship was the least horrible to ever get that card...

What? Birthday? What?

Jo said...

My sister and I always give each other funny cards that usually take a stab at the other person. Usually they involve breast jokes...it's fun. I'll have to start looking for hers soon....I wonder what (or if) she'll send me this year:)

Anonymous said...

You didn't have to ask a birthday card question to get me to comment on your post! *sniff* I miss everyone too, and just because I have an edumacation, it doesn't mean that I won't come visit you and Peter:) I actually have some stuff to do on campus, so I am hoping to treat myself to some Edo or whatnot soon! I can't ~not~ come to see you while I'm in HUB!! Now for the card question......well, I tend to choose cards that fit the person I am giving it to, so I guess that my favourite cards would have to be ones that suit me perfectly. Like ones about exploding computers or stupid dogs. :):)