9/16/2005

TGIF

Thank God it's Friday. I did Wednesday one better and missed class entirely this morning. I slept in. My alarm went off at 7, but Peter was staying over, so I turned it off quickly so that it wouldn't wake him, but that just let me fall right back asleep. I woke up 15 minutes before my class started, but I figured it just wasn't worth it at that point. I had a busy afternoon, though. Dr. Street made us rehearse today. Chelsea, a second-year who was majoring in euphonium last year, but switched to trumpet this year, wasn't there because she claims to have injured her diaphram, so a new trumpet student who did three years of sociology (I think) at Red Deer Collage subbed in for her, and Katie and I decided we wanted her to permanently replace Chelsea. Have I ranted about Chelsea yet? She bothers me...

I was starving during rehearsal, so, on my way home I stopped at Sunterra and bought nice, fresh food. Greek salad, French bread, bruschetta... God, yes. Thus, I am having a good evening. Yay good evening!

I have decided that my Stagecraft and Design course is a total gong show. Yesterday, we covered Medieval thratre through to 19th century theatre. She finished early again, and didn't want to let us go so early, so she gave us a ten minute break so she could go over her notes for stuff to elaborate on, and when class resumed, she had to correct stuff she'd said before. I mean, really, if you're only going to hit the absolute most important aspects of each era, you could at least get them right. I spent the class writing out my warm-up routine for Russ. I felt very accomplished and professional. ^_^ But it kind of missed the point, because I forgot the package of warm-up activities Russ gave me in lesson to spend this week trying out and incorporating. Oh, well.

I think I'm gonna go get some more of that French bread. Mmmm...

No comments: