9/30/2005

Friday Lunch

I'm taking the lunch hour to myself. There was something weird going on with my alarm clock, so I woke up at 8:50, when I was supposed to present my Streetcar scene during my 9:00 class, and I was supposed to meet my partner at 8:15 to over our lines. I was in class half an hour after waking up, though, which floored me, and was only 20 minutes late for a 2-hour class. Needless to say, though, that I didn't get breakfast, except a bit of a cake that one of the groups had brought to do Blanche's birthday scene. Our presentation went well, though, and on my way back home (I had to change out of my dress), I bought myself a caramel light frappucino from Starbucks, into which I put a 20ml double shot of espresso set to strong. My machine's weird like that... It was sooo good, though. And now I'm munching on what would ba a fritatta if it were more cohesive. Three eggs, bacone bits, cheddar cheese, and some bruschetta from Sunterra, which has onions and lots of garlic in it. Needless to say, I'm enjoying it immensely. Now I have 45 minutes before I have to be ack on campus, and I'm gonna spend about 25 of them relaxing.

Dave and his, uh, crew are going to go see Serenity tonight, and Peter and I are tagging along. I've never seen any of Firefly, though, but it looks like a good movie, regardless. My parents get back from Lake Louise tomorrow. Hopefully they'll give me some money--I am so broke. They're going to be out of town a lot in the next while. Next weekend is Banff, and sometime in October they're takig a 17 day (?) cruise to Hawaii. I wish I could do that. Or, hell, I wish I just had the money to do that, so that I could at least stop having to tighten my belt to make payments towards the one-week trip to Vancouver Peter and I took nearly three months ago. Stupid gas prices... We should've flown.

Looking forward to R&R tonight. I have to do the written part of that Streetcar project this weekend, which I'm only about half done, and I have to do some calculations to time how long my warm-up should theoretically take so that I know how much rest I have to balance it with. Russ's new thing this year is resting as much as you play, and playing for small chunks of less than 30 seconds. I meant to do that last weekend, but, well... Life is what happens while you're making other plans, as they say. At least I'm not a frazzled as Peter. He has to put together a preliminary bibliography for a grant application so that he can study Uruguayan history (an under-reasearched topic) for Monday, and then make a presentation on Oliver Cromwell for his Brithish Historiography class on Wednesday. He's a little swamped. I went to see him last night, and as I was pulling up to his house, I realized it'd been a few days since I'd been there, which is uncommon.

Now, with my tummy full, I'm off to face four hours of classes and appointments! The week is going out with a bang!

No comments: