3/26/2006

Crazy Weekend

It's 8:30 on Sunday morning and I've been up for an hour and a half. But I have delicious, delicious coffee, so I'm not too upset. :-)

The past couple of days have been a little nuts. Peter came to dinner with Jenilee and I on Friday, but not to the movie. Jenilee liked it, for which I was glad, because it meant I didn't feel compelled to argue my point over and over. ^_^ Then, Saturday (yesterday, I suppose), I went curling! I'd never been curling before. I was actually not half bad compared to some other first-timers there. This was the graduate history and classics department's annual bonspiel, and I got roped into it because people were backing out. I played two 3-end games before coming to realize a horrible but inescapable truth: curling rink beer is bad. I had such a horrible headache that I could barely drive myself home to bed. I wound up sleeping for over three hours, which is why I was unable to sleep more than eight hours last night. I woke up at 7 and called Jenilee to bail on the Harry Potter movie night she was haiving, and she basically said, yeah, we started without you. ^_^

In other news, my mother is convinced that Uruguay is a third world nation. Yeah, that's not going so well...

To do today:
Rewrite three-point speech
Call Judy Loewen
Practice cadenza

No comments: