3/14/2006

Europe, Thailand and Uruguay

Taking a break from studying for my 281 Renaissance mid-term. Doesn't the term Frottola just sound distinctly... Starbucks-ish?

So I did something kinda stupid. Turns out that the Wind Ensemble concert is on Saturday, not Friday like it says on my 431 syllabus, so I'll be a little over an hour late to the Thai night I organised. ^_^ Oh, well. We're only playing three songs, so I should be at Numchok Wilai in time to pick over what's left before dessert.

This is the week of hell. The only person I have found who feels better about this week than last is Ryan, and that's because his senior recital was on Sunday. I have my 281 mid-term tomorrow, then my Ed Psych mid-term the day after that, and my lesson stuff has totally been put on the backburner. Not to mention that tomorrow night is my first shift at A&B Sound. _That_, I'm looking forward to. Yay, earning money!

Peter and I are trying to figure out if there's a way that I can come to Uruguay with him, but still be at my sister's wedding July 29th, move into our new house at the beginning of August, and be back in time for the start of classes. Not to mention being able to afford airfare down there. We decided that if we leave as soon as I move my stuff into the new place, then I can just leave a couple of weeks before him in order to get back for school, since all he'll be doing next year is probably RAing, maybe a bit of TAing, so he doesn't have to be there for the first couple of weeks of classes.

But that's a ways off. Right now, I'm all about the chanson. And the motet. And, of course, the frottola. Mmm, frottola.

No comments: