3/11/2006

Employment!

I got a job at A&B Sound. The whole thing was rather sudden. Yesterday, Kripa and Lindsay Coulter, who both work there, were in the lownjlounge talking about Lindsay starting her training to work in the cash room there. I said that that was something I'd really like to do, and they both told me to apply, like, right then. I happened to have my computer with me, which had my resume on it, so I printed off a copy and headed down yesterday afternoon. The store manager talked to me and had me come in for a full interview this morning, which he finished by offering me a job. I start Wednesday. I don't get to work in the cash room--they give that position to people who have worked there at least three months--but I get to work in the CD department, so it'll be a job I like and can do. Very spiffy. And now I don't have to stress about finding a job this summer. Job hunting is just about my least favourite thing in the world to do. Then again, it seems like _everyone_ is hiring right now, and judging by how quickly I got the job at A&B, the job market might have been a little less harsh this year. But, really, the last time I went looking for a job, it took me a month and a half to find one, and they didn't even pay me. Well, not until three weeks after I quit, anyway...

Bitter? What? I'm not bitter. Really...

No comments: