7/03/2006

For Once, I Admit to Being 21

Wow. I tired asking Peter earlier today about what happened after I went to bed, but he couldn't remember. Then I came home and read Jo's blog and I suddenly don't feel so bad for how drunk I was. ^_^ What I can remember tells me that I had at *least* 11 ounces of hard liquor, plus the wine with dinner. I'm guesstimating, because I dind't measure either of the long island iced teas I had, but I'm pegging them at about 3 ounces each, and I can only remember three tequila shots, one of which I kinda stole from Joanne, I believe, and at least two of which were doubles.

I actually managed to get through last night/today with throwing up, unless I got up to vomit after going to bed and I just don't remember, but I doubt that, because I woke up without pyjamas on...

I'm glad I stayed away form the sambucca--the tequila was bad enough. I remember saying a couple of things last night that I wouldn't normally say (sorry if anything was awkward to the less inebriated people!), as well as comitting a few gropes while giggling on the front porch. Somebody was worried that the neighbours would call the cops. We weren't being that loud. I can't believe Joanne posted the e-mails we wrote Eric. Mine would have been more coherant, except people kept telling me to not use the backspace key. I wish Eric had been there to join in on the fun. ;-)

I'm glad that everybody seems to have gotten home all right. I was actually surprised when there wasn't anybody on the futon this morning. I woke up at about 4 am when Peter got up to go to the bathroom. I was still somewhat drunk, a little bit nauseated and I had a HUGE freakin' headache. But once I had Asprin, Gravol, some water and moved to the futon, I was fine. I woke up just after noon feeling reasonably peachy. Reasonably. I'm still dehydrated, though...

Part of me wants to say that, in retrospect, the trip to the liquor store was a bad idea, but a bigger part of me says that it totally wasn't. I had a ridiculous amount of fun last night. Thanks to everybody who helped out people who needed it. I'm sorry I was a bad hostess and went to bed before everybody started getting sick. Also, thanks to Andy for putting up with us and cleaning up the kitchen. Most importantly, though, thanks to God for inventing showers so that we may cleanse our hair of "cotton candy wine" vomit. Explanation: Peter and I were collapsed together in the downstairs bathroom, kind of laying down together with our heads in the hallway. We were talking to Angela, who was sitting in the doorway, smoking and observing Andy coming home. It was all going great until I heard Peter kind of gurgle and realized he'd essentially thrown up into my hair. ^_^ Andy came in at some point around that, but I was too busy shaking my hair out over the toilet to notice him. ^_^

Anyway, I should get ready for work, because, unlike Peter, I am actually capable of working today. Peter was still doing bad this afternoon. He'll be fine, though. I left him after he'd taken a Gravol with a bit of water and fallen asleep. But, yeah, I love you guys and had a great time last night. I wish more of you were around Edmonton more often.

5 comments:

Keeks said...

The liquor store was NOT a bad idea...it was a great idea. Especially since it was my idea... Glad to hear you both are doing okay. =) Cheers to Peter's fantastic cooking and his excellent taste in wine...

Jo said...

And by "People" getting sick, you mean Jo!!! Hahaha:) Sorry Peter's Dad's trees:)

MorPRi said...

Andy cleaned up the kitchen?!?! geez, a thank you basket might be in order, perhaps containing another bottle of Sambuca to replace the one that "mysteriously" disappeared... progressively getting emptier during the night.... Let's see now, napkins, Sambuca, Pepsi, ice cubes, a box lid, what else needs to be in this host basket for Andy? -PRi

'Nita said...

Box lid???
There was another bottle of sambuca. I'mn kinda glad you guys didn't find it. ;-p (Peter's place has three areas for liquor storage, my favourite being next to the breakfast cereals.)
I was unaware that Jo and Peter were the only ones who got sick. I'm glad everybody else was alright.
And, yes Andy's great.

Jo said...

Well, Morgan got sick too, but we won't talk about that:) And I don't think we even finished the first bottle of Sambuca, although I think we ~mostly~ finished it, leaving about two-three fingers left:)