7/09/2006

Happy Birthday, Peter!

Today is Peter's 24th birthday. He's celebrating by playing World of Warcraft. ^_^ I haven't gotten him a gift yet, though. *embarassed* But I figure the Migrane from Hell is a reasonable enough excuse to be a coupld days late. I didn't get to work yesterday. Instead, I woke up late and freaked out because I kept slipping back asleep unwillingly. Just for a second or two at a time, but the kind of sleep where you're not tired but sleep anyways is rather unpleasant, and I was not happy to have little bursts of it attack me at random.

Later in the afternoon, I went to the pharmacy and picked up some perscriptions and self-medicating substances (read: gummy worms). I then took enough pills to kill a house cat, some perscrition, some not, some related to my migrane, some not (bonus points if anybody can post an accurate Venn Diagram to represent what I just said). I topped it all off with gummy worms, a Double Quarter-Pounder with Cheese and a Diet Coke. The half a Gravol I threw in the mix didn't do anything other than make me even more drowsy than I should have realized I'd get, and so halfway through my Ikea walk (exercise and furniture pre-shopping, all in one), I thought I was going to die.

I went home and slept for an hour an a half, breaking my own rule from earlier in the day when I was freaking out. Miraculously, when I woke up, my migrane was gone. And it has stayed gone! My stomach felt like it had been given forty bamboo lashes, though, so I wound up having a bagel and ginger ale for dinner, but things turned out ok. I even made it to work today. And even though I was on cash, it was a good day. I was next to the wall of TVs, so I got to watch the World Cup. I-TA-LIA! I-TA-LIA!

(etc...)

1 comment:

Jo said...

prescription.....