7/23/2006

Poor Black-Fured Farley :-(

Hot.

According to this morning's paper, yesterday was the hottest day in the city in 69 years. Today wsa only marginally less insane. I had to sleep at Peter's last night because my cousin and her fiance were staying in my room. Peter's place, as I'm sure most of you remember (or don't), is horrible with the heat. And the kicker? My cousin and her fiance slept outside, at least until six am, when the lightening started.

I work a cash shift tomorrow. I hate cash shifts. Then again, Mondays aren't that bad. But I'll be the only cashier, so there won't be anybody to shout questions at, like what to do with an unknown credit note, such as happened the other day, when I was covering Jasmine's bathroom break. Bah. Oh, well. Tomorrow and the next evening, and then no more working until late August. Hopefully. Oh, this is a story worth telling, even if I do come off kinda bad...:

So Saturday was Kripa's first day back at work in two months, what with her taking time off for Nuova and going to Montreal and stuff. She was on backup cash, so I was downstairs at the tills talking to her, which is a place I probably shouldn't have been, but we'd just opened and nobody was around and we had a whole bunch of software staff on that day, so I figured whatever. The main cashier was a girl who's dating the manager who writes the schedules, and they were also chatting, so when I mentioned my trip to Uruguay to Kripa, I also said "Brett remembers this, right?" over and over until he stopped to ask what I was talking about. I told him, for about the seventeenth time, about going to Uruguay, and he was like "What?? Really?!?" and walked off cursing rather loudly. He came back a couple of minutes later with paper, and double-checked that I was leaving on the 3rd, and so I could work on the first and second, and go back to working on the 27th, since I leave Montevideo on the 24th. He then left, and I said to Kripa that I was surprised that I let myself get roped into working on the first and second. She said she was surprised, too. I then thought about it a little more and realized that out flight leaves from Calgary at about 9am on the morning of the third, so if I have to work on the second, I'm probably going to wind up pawning off the shift. All because I felt bad that Brett has a bad memory. I really should have e-mailed him, but I've told him this repeatedly. *sigh* Silly me. *rolls eyes at self*

I started packing for moving today. My mom wants me to make my room all staged and whatnot before I go to Uruguay, so that she can sell the house, so most of the stuff from my storage closet that wasn't all ready in Ikea boxes is sitting on my floor in little category piles. I found a couple of cards that made me kind of sad: one birthday card from Joyce and Sarah, that Sarah had decorated, and one birthday card from Christie, which says that in another life we were "sister cats." *sniffle* Tuesday will be my laundry day before leaving for Victoria on Thursday. Wednesday, I'll have to be packing for Uruguay and Victoria. Thank goodness the two trips will require largely different wardrobes, what with it being winter in Uruguay. And, by "winter," I mean an average daytime high of 13 degrees celcius, which isn't really that bad at all, and is certainly not the heatwave we've got going here. You know, the last time I wrote about how hot it was on my blog, I got a comment from some random guy about how that was nothing. I wonder if I'll get another such comment this time. At least I can say that our winter weather beats the crap out of theirs in terms of extremeness. *defiant and proud smile* ^_^

Lastly, I saw Sean tonight for probably the last time before he heads out to Ohio. Man, he wasn't here long. Good luck and have fun and all that jazz, even though I'm pretty sure you don't read this blog!

No comments: