7/13/2006

Fourth Time

Birthday went well. I went downstairs to make myself toast after writing that post yesterday, and I discovered that a mouse had destroyed the loaf of bread on the counter. Dammit. I went upstairs to wake Peter up and tell him this, and since that's not a pleasant thing to wake up to, I offered to make him coffee. I went downstairs and opened the fridge to see how much milk we had (lots, thankfully), and right there in front of me was a package of blueberries! It was like devine intervention, telling me to have blueberry pancakes instead of toast. I was only too happy to oblige. And they were extra tasty, too, because I put butter in the pan sot they wouldn't stick (Peter has neither non-stick pans nor Pam spray), and so they were all yummily butter-fried and fluffy. Mmm. :-)

I went shopping yesterday, partly to go to American Eagle and buy myself this nifty t-shirt that has this assortment of quasi-stage band instruments and says "Music Happens" on the back, but mostly to find Peter a birthday present already. I bought him Donkey Konga, since we don't own that, and the guy at EB told me that it had been the game of the day yesterday, which meant I could have gotten the game _and_ the bongos for $10. I was rather frustrated at my tardiness. >-( Afterwards, I was wandering through Kingsway and popped into Coles. I was looking at the magazine rack when this guy behind me made a comment about my tattoo, which was exposed, since I was wearing a tank top. I turned around. The guy was about 40, and was standing in front of the self-help section of the wellbeing section (as opposed to, say, the diet section--it's a big area, wellbeing). I kept my replies awkwardly polite and brief, but they guy just kept going, eventually leading to the suggestion that I should get a tattoo of a cross piercing a heart. If I believed in what each symbolized, he added. I couldn't believe it. I'd actually been hit on by a middle-aged guy hanging out in the self-help section of a book store. It was when I was looking for a way out, though, that I came across the second gift I wound up getting for Peter: Chicken Soup for the Latter Day Saint's Soul. Yay, Mormons! I picked it up and booked it outta there. Peter found the book rather amusing. ^_^

*sigh* You know what? After reading Angela's blog, I have decided that what the world needs is an honest love letter. Not the timid I-have-a-crush-on-you kind, and not the my-darling-I-will-love-you-forever kind, but an actual honest I-want-a-relationship-with-you one. Kind of like the following:

Dear [recipient],

I have passed up [#] opportunities to do activities I actually find enjoyable to spend time with you. I have passed up [#] opportunites to flirt with other people because of you. [#] of the [#] friends I have polled think you're hot. I have whacked off [#] of times while thinking about you. And now I would like a return on my investment.

Sincerely,
-[sender]

Not to be mean or anything. I mean, obviously people who actually bother to write a love letter aren't just looking for whatever good comes their way without effort. It's just that, if people like Angela's older paramour can get away with having an emotional relationships because of a lack of physicality while he's tied to someone else, I figure that specific evidence of wanting a physical relationship means that there are actual events (with the request of more) that someone won't mind being held accountable for, which is a much more concrete commitment than fluffy words of subjective emotion.

My dog is sleeping on the back of the sofa, because that's where my dad's comfy "old man" shirt is, and he's having some trouble not falling off. It's ridiculously amusing. ^_^

No comments: