7/07/2006

Ugh...

This is day three of the weirdest and most annoying migrane I have ever had. It doesn't hurt, but the sand-like "swishing" sounds in my head are about to drive me crazy, and I'm rather incapacitated. I worked tonight for the first time since Monday, and, even though it was a quiet four-hour reception shift, I was having a hard time. I've tried controlling it with medication, diet and exercise, but no luck so far. I've decided that if it's still around tomorrow, I'll call in sick to work. I checked the schedule, and we've got enough people working tomorrow that I won't be terribly missed. It's not pleasant being sensitive to light, sound and motion when working in a record store. Even though my head doesn't actually hurt, I'm having a hard time "seeing straight," ie, focusing my vision so that I can tell what the hell is in front of me. And I'm having an equally hard time thinking straight.

I'm at Peter's, and Andy just walked in wearing jeans and a slmost-too-small plad (flannel?) shirt. I told him he either needed an axe or some paper towels. He didn't get the Simpsons joke, and claims that he's dressed the way he is because he was in Calgary today. You Stampede people. ;-p

Peter's doing a World of Warcraft Molten Core raid right now, and it's very weird. He's on TeamSpeak, or something similar, anyways, and I guess he's responsible for broadcasting which player has been cursed wiht being "The Bomb," which menas they're about to blow up, so every few seconds, he'll say a character's name. World of Warcraft characters have some weird names. I think my most oddly-named character is my gnome named Delbert, which was a randomly generated name, but some people take the naming thing to extremems. I don't know how many of you played Jade Empire (Dave bought it, along with an XBox, just before he started working at BioWare, because they made it), but you can either give your main character a stock name, like Gilded Jade or something Eastern-y like that, or you can make up your own name. Peter played a beefy guy and named him Stupendous Wang. Anyway, in the credits at the end of the game, you get the voice actors narrating as if they had played their characters live-action, and one of them (I think the guy who played Sky) comments that he doesn't like the names that players come up with for the characters, citing "Creamy Nougat" as an example. Well, some of the World of Warcraft names are just as bad, though less with the sexual innuendo, and Peter's saying them out-loud half-randomly. It's both amusing and odd...

I think I'll go zone out in front of the tv now. Stupid migrane...

No comments: