7/16/2006

Sunday Evening

Trying this again. I wrote a post this morning, but it didn't take. Not sure why. :-(

I saw Shelly and Edie this morning. I was quite surprised to see them in Andy's dining room on a Sunday morning, but I guess the Beat Beethoven walk had just ended. I can never remember which symphony they use for that one.

Joyce is back in town, now, so we went and had coffee. Surprisingly, we didn't talk about a certain boy and the "boundary issues" that developped when she was visiting him. Instead we just chatted and looked at pictures on her ridiculously nifty digital camera.

My mom wants to buy me a birthday present that I get to pick. I had decided on a 4-in-one printer with flatbed photocopier so that I can photocopy stuff out of my music books without paying 11 cents per page, but after having just used my DVD player, a new one of those would be pretty damn nice, too. The one I have was a gift from my parents, and I've always hated it. It does ten billion things that I don't need it to do and the remote doesn't work unless there are between 3 and 3.2 million dust motes on the tv screen, or, of course, unless you hit one of the 9.9 billion buttons that does something that I neither need nor understand, and therefore can't change back. But Comsumer Reports said it was good. Blind faith makes other people annoyed. Grrr.

I guess Darrien's is tonight. I didn't get the e-mail, though, so I'm not sure if I'm invited. ;-p silly Sean, assuming that sending it to Peter meant that I would hear about it. He got lucky this time, but next time I won't have a clue and Peter will be wondering why I haven't come picked him up to give him a ride. I can't think of an emoticon that fits with my narrowly equilibrated sarcastic bitterness.

So, yeah... I need to do laundry tomorrow. I have very few hours again this week. Although, I guess I worked all day yesterday and the day before, so my paycheque won't be that pitiful. Now is not a good time to be running out of money. Or, rather, running out of incoming money. Oh, damn, that's what I was going to get Peter to do today--make hotel reservations. I hope my passport comes soon. And my new driver's licence. Stupid piece-of-paper-not-useful-as-ID licence. I wonder if the people at Darrien's will care. Oh, well...

1 comment:

Joyce said...

teehee. I think I'm boy-ed out. We still have to go on that girls night that talked about! =)