7/11/2006

Listy-List

1. The Red Hot Chilli Peppers are coming to town in September and I totally didn't hear about it in time to get tickets! Wah!! This is what I get for not listening to the radio... What's almost worse is that I found out about this via the screen name of this guy I have on my MSN list that I went to high school with. He was asking if anybody was up for going with him. Now, this guy is in serious need of something, probably orange juice and norepinephrine, but I was sooo tempted to send him a message saying I'd go with him when I realized tickets were sold out.

2. Shit, what was number two...? Hmm, well, I guess I'll just keep talking, then. I watched Serenity one and a half times at work last night. I *heart* that movie, and I was poking around online after I got home and discovered something highly amusing: The River/Jayne fans. Doug, I'm sure you at least will find that suitably disturbing. ;-)

3. My dog is a morning "person." I am not. However, our main shower is still not fixed, so my paretns both showered in my bathroom before working this morning. From my room, this sounds like a small rocket being launched. My dog was happy as, well, a poodle that I was awake. I was not. Boo, less than five hours' sleep.

4. I'm going to go look at paint colours today. It turns out that the builder for our new house doesn't use Behr paints, but rather Glidden, so I'm supposed to go find a Glidden colour that's the same as the Behr colour that I currently have in my room, which I love. I'm kind of thinking, though, that I should just get them to paint my room an off-white or something, and then paint it with the Behr paint myself before I move all of my stuff in. Did I mention that the poessesion date was pushed back 30 days? This means less panic in between Lindsay's wedding and leaving for Uruguay, but it also means, well, waiting an extra thirty days, plus I want to get things done before school starts on the 6th of September, which only gives me a week, and I know that *I* don't have much stuff to deal with, but my parents are old and feeble, so I'll have to deal with their stuff, too, and did I mention that we took a shelving until out of my dad's wine cellar the other day so that he could organize wine for the tasting party they're having before we move to get rid of some wine and it was a total disaster and we took a chunk out of the ceiling and there was lots of yelling and my mom hurt her back and man this is a long run-on sentence.

*inhale*

*exhale*

5. The cleaning service should be here soon. I was blogging to kill time while waiting for them, but I've run out of things that I could reasonably subject you to, and so I think I'll have to boot up the solitaire. Yay, mind-numbing!

ETA: Oh, oh! but, wait! I remember what number two was supposed to be! I went yesterday to get my driver's licence renewed so that it wouldn't expire tomorrow, and I figured that, as long as I was out looking pretty for the government, I would get my passport photo redone. And, guess what, it turns out that they did just want me to wear make-up! Now that they know I am capable of applying mascara, and that, therefore, I do in fact have eyes, I'm allowed to travel the world. But, I gotta say, I actually rather like my passport photo, even though I look vaguely... superior and annoyed, what with the no-smiling rule. Maybe that's just a good look for me. You can take the girl out of Alberta, but... ^_^ (Oh, wait, I'm still in Alberta. Oh, well.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Personally I would rather pick a new paint color than have to paint myself, lol. Anyways Happy Early Birthday!!!